Brass Dash 8-39 B

BNSFtheLeader

Aug 10, 2003
Boynton Beach (WPB Area)
Visit site
Hey everyone I was wondering Why it was that Brass cost so much but when you try to get rid of it you are prety much screwed.
I've been trying to get rid of my engine and for about a year now I have had no offers, I have'nt ran it but about 10minuits now and I realize I'm more of a Kato man It's almost like Brass is the worst of the worst almost like Bachmann equilivant.

Hummmmmmm. You tell me?

Already posted it on the for sale trade section.

Mike P

Jan 10, 2005
Murrysville, PA
I have no absolute reason why for you other than brass engines do not reflect what was/is really run on the rails, more a novelty of something that is a novelty model railroading. I am curious what are you asking for your engine?

sams

Dec 17, 2004
brass, is very labor intensive.
a long time ago (and to an extent even today), many road specific locos were only available in brass.
also, brass has much more detail, but many of todays plastic shell loco's have bridged the gap and some even compete.
being so expensive, and relatively poor runners, as you've mentioned (although i hear that some of the newer brass are much better), they have a very limited market.
as such, it is more volatile to demand/supply.
of course, for some it is a collector piece...you just have to be able to find the right collector.

BNSFtheLeader

Aug 10, 2003
Boynton Beach (WPB Area)
Visit site
I would really like to get about $300.00 for it Because it's only got about 1/2 Hour runtime on it, But what I would like and what I am able to get are two totally differant Animals so I'm really looking for the Best Offer or Best Trade.

I think It is the newer run it has the Half Grey & Half Black Hard cardboard box, It actually Runs great I just don't really Like the lower half it just looks weired I really wish my camera worked so I could give you guys a Picture so I could really understand what it is that I have.

any input would be greatly apprecieated.

BNSFtheLeader

Aug 10, 2003
Boynton Beach (WPB Area)
Visit site
Yeah I already thought of that but like I thought no hits yet (thanks anyway's)

Really I'm to the point where i'm looking to see if anyone has info on Atlas or kato retro fit now Because I would really like to use the weight of the Brass shell to my pulling advantage.