Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Bill Pontin, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Bill Pontin

Bill Pontin Member

Valley N Trak is displaying at the Orange train show this Sunday. Thought I would delight some of the three and four year olds with some very unprototypical cars. Those of you who have run trains at shows know that the five and under generation could care less about how prototypical your display is. Probably get some static from some club members, but gonna give it a shot. It will not run all day, just now and then when we have a crowd of young'ns.

Attached Files:

2. Bill Pontin

Bill Pontin Member

If it is a hit, have found some small Digimon figures and some Christmas figures for the Christmas show we display at.

Attached Files:

3. Bill Pontin

Bill Pontin Member

Looking for some small Thanksgiving things for our Thanksgiving show

Attached Files:

4. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

If you want to really catch the kids attention, pull that train with Thomas.
  5. TrainClown

TrainClown Member

What a great idea!

I do a lot of shows for kids and I know what you have done will be highly appreciated. Run them all day. (that's what I would do)

Good on you!!:D :D :D

6. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

"Catch some static"...? Nahh...

That's way too much fun. Seen lots of Christmas trains, but this is my first Hallowe'en train... cool! :D

7. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Hey, that's really neat. The heck with being only for kids. I'd get a real kick out of seeing it, so why not for aduts too?

And I agree with TC, keep it running all the time if you want to attract a crowd.

8. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Bill that's really neat and I agree with Russ on having Thomas pull it. :cool:
  9. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

That's really neat, Bill!:cool:
    You could do a different train for different holidays...Thanksgiving, X-mas, Easter, etc...
    Great job!
  10. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

Get a steamer that works well (but cheap) and paint it with that
    Glow-in-the-dark paint. Than you'd have a ghost train!
    ;) :D

I personally would do it TO Tick-off the rivet counters. At least they'd
    be talking about me and leaving others alone.;) :p :D
  11. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Great idea! The big kid behind the throttle might enjoy it too! :D :D :D I sure would :)
  12. Bill Pontin

Bill Pontin Member

Thanks for all the encouragement, looking forward to this local show. Wished I did have a Thomas the engine to satisfy the grandchildren. Great idea painting up some old clunker steam engine for pulling. Maybe can add an interchangable face to boiler front for the season. Witch, Turkey, Santa and so forth. If my grandaughter breaks one of her Thomas train engines I think I can remove that face. Jon as far as letting the children have the throtle - way ahead of you. Came up with this magnetic label for the club, hope to put them in use this show. For all you spell checkers ~ I didn't and that is why sucessfull has two "L"s. It was corrected for the printing. (I shood use my smell checker)

Attached Files:

13. Bill Pontin

Bill Pontin Member

I want to thank you all for the suggestions. Thomas the train was booked for this weekend so I had to settle for his Mexican cousin "Tomas"

Attached Files:

14. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

15. Arlaghan

Arlaghan Member

¡Hola Tomás!

I love it. Hehehe :D :D :D
  16. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

It's good to have some fun. Nicely done Bill
  17. TR-Flyer

TR-Flyer Member

Hey Bill:
    If you don't go through any height restricting things, like tunnels, signal bridges, etc, you could run a thin wire up off one of the cars and have a "ghost" flying over the train.

Looks good, have fun.
  18. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

I did a similar train for my kids when I was first learning how to custom paint. I need to unpack it and set it up for Halloween and take some pictures of it.
  19. Bill Pontin

Bill Pontin Member

Tomas was a hit

Attached Files:

20. Bill Pontin

Bill Pontin Member

Had to run it all day, our module room was filled most of the day

Attached Files: