Boo

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Valley N Trak is displaying at the Orange train show this Sunday. Thought I would delight some of the three and four year olds with some very unprototypical cars. Those of you who have run trains at shows know that the five and under generation could care less about how prototypical your display is. Probably get some static from some club members, but gonna give it a shot. It will not run all day, just now and then when we have a crowd of young'ns.

Attachments

• mvc-019s.jpg
    mvc-019s.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 192

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Hey, that's really neat. The heck with being only for kids. I'd get a real kick out of seeing it, so why not for aduts too?

And I agree with TC, keep it running all the time if you want to attract a crowd.

Don

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
That's really neat, Bill!:cool:
You could do a different train for different holidays...Thanksgiving, X-mas, Easter, etc...
Great job!

Sir_Prize

Mar 4, 2001
Port Charlotte,Florida
Visit site
Get a steamer that works well (but cheap) and paint it with that
Glow-in-the-dark paint. Than you'd have a ghost train!
;) :D

I personally would do it TO Tick-off the rivet counters. At least they'd
be talking about me and leaving others alone.;) :p :D

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Thanks for all the encouragement, looking forward to this local show. Wished I did have a Thomas the engine to satisfy the grandchildren. Great idea painting up some old clunker steam engine for pulling. Maybe can add an interchangable face to boiler front for the season. Witch, Turkey, Santa and so forth. If my grandaughter breaks one of her Thomas train engines I think I can remove that face. Jon as far as letting the children have the throtle - way ahead of you. Came up with this magnetic label for the club, hope to put them in use this show. For all you spell checkers ~ I didn't and that is why sucessfull has two "L"s. It was corrected for the printing. (I shood use my smell checker)

Attachments

• show cert.1.jpg
    show cert.1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 134

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
I want to thank you all for the suggestions. Thomas the train was booked for this weekend so I had to settle for his Mexican cousin "Tomas"

Attachments

• mvc-023s.jpg
    mvc-023s.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 101

TR-Flyer

Nov 24, 2001
SC
Visit site
Hey Bill:
If you don't go through any height restricting things, like tunnels, signal bridges, etc, you could run a thin wire up off one of the cars and have a "ghost" flying over the train.

Looks good, have fun.
Regards,
Ted