Bolger sailing pirogue

Discussion in 'Ship & Watercraft Models' started by cdcoyle, Feb 24, 2008.

1. cdcoyle

cdcoyle Member

2. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

Nice build, thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed following your last card model build and have been waiting to see another.
  3. Bluenoser

Bluenoser Member

Are you posting pics of your wooden ships somewhere? I am presently working on one as well for my brother. Its a scratchbuild of the tall ship Elissa out of Galveston.

I like to slip in card models as a break from the Elissa. I really want to start on a big battleship in paper, but I only have room for one large project at a time.
  4. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Hope you're all healed up by now Chris. And as far as wood goes - what is wood anyway but preprocessed paper? :p
  5. redhorse

redhorse Member

6. Bluenoser

Bluenoser Member

The store has a side profile blueprint which you can buy, but does not provide any other sections or plan views. I dipped into my drawing collection and found another ship almost the same which had that information. I made a drawing where I used the data from the other plan and massaged it a little to fit the limited information on the Elissa blueprint.
    The ship is iron/steel construction and I wanted to capture that appearance. I applied card stock over the entire surface to simulate that. I am quite pleased at how it turned out and it was fairly quick and easy.

Pics show as far as I got.

Attached Files:

7. redhorse

redhorse Member

Thank you very much for the info. That's a beautiful hull!