BNSF Newest colors in production?

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by Herc Driver, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

I've checked various manufacturer websites to no I turn to you guys...

Has anyone heard of any manufacturer planning to produce a diesel in the newest BNSF color scheme in the near future? I've seen HO versions by Athearn and Tower55 if memory serves...but nothing in Nscale yet. Anyone with the inside scoop heard anything?

COMBAT Member

I think everything is in preorder status coming out in april may time frame. :)
  3. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

If Athearn does it in HO...You can almost expect it in N.
  4. SeriousSam

SeriousSam Member

I sure hope so. Athearn has so much stuff in HO and not a lot in N. I wish Athearn would do atleast half as much in N as they do in HO
  5. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

There are rolling stock (Hoppers and Tank Cars) already sold sporting the new flying wedge design...just waiting for a diesel to come out with it. I'm surprised there hasn't been anything written on the various manufacturer websites about it.
  6. jesso

jesso Member

May 2007 Atlas. I can't wait, I wish someone would come out with a GEvo or an ACE that was affordable (Kato or Atlas)

Attached Files:

7. kf4jqd

kf4jqd Active Member

I was going to say Atlas. I think they will produce other locomotives later this year.

8. railohio

railohio Active Member

Athearn has been in HO scale only about fifty years longer than they've been in N scale. I don't suppose that means anything, though.
  9. Metro Red Line

Metro Red Line New Member

Well, you have to realize Athearn has over 50 years of HO scale experience, compared to just four years in N scale. Give them time, they will do it. They're not up to the level of Atlas in terms of multi-scale releases, but I think that's their main competition.

They're certanly better at it than Walthers is!

As a former HO'er, I'm glad Athearn is in N scale as well.