BNSF new image

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Topo, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Topo

Topo Member

Hummm. "If ain't broke, don't fix it" (or something like this).

Sorry, I'm a fan of ol' "Warbonnet" paint scheme. :oops:
  2. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

The Warbonnet looks best with the original Santa Fe logo, and looks like an afterthought when changed to BNSF. :eek: I like the newer Heritage paint scheme, and like this new scheme even better. :thumb: I'll keep my eye out for one since the BNSF runs not too far from our house, but so far all I ever see is every combination of SF, BN and BNSF possible, but none like they show there. :rolleyes:
  3. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

I would say the warbonnet was the best paint scheme. I just watched a show last night Trains & Locomotives, & it was about the Santa Fe's WarBonnet ( Red & Silver ). Was a very interesting show. BNSF is not that common around these parts, but when they do come through i will keep my eye open and watch for the new scheme. I also like the BNSF's paint scheme.
  4. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

The main thing I hate about the BNSF paint schemes is that I don't like orange and the green isn't my favorite either. Of all of the colors of the railroads making up the BN they picked the worst colors in my oppinion.
  5. McFortner

McFortner Member

Orange and green were my High School colors, and it is (IMHO) gawd-awful-FUGLY!

Looks like BNSF is trying to kill all the heritage of the Santa Fe....

6. Iron Goat

Iron Goat Member

Yeah, I don't think BNSF did themselves a favor when they adopted this new logo. A lot of the local BNSF guys are now calling the new logo "the Wedgie....".

I think it fits !

Bob :cool:
  7. jsolie

jsolie Member

Green and orange reminds me of peas and carrots...

For some reason, that new logo screams "Buck Rogers!" :p
  8. SAL Comet

SAL Comet Member

That's funny, I wonder how many people they could have keeped on the payroll for the price of their "new image"?