Bigg E. Whiggs Railcar

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by marc gast, Apr 19, 2004.

1. marc gast

marc gast Member

Bigg E. Whiggs, the CEO of my Georgetown Gilpin & Bergen Park RR requested a special railcar for touring the rail lines between Georgetown through the Giplin territory to Bergen Park. This railcar is quite a departure from my normal bashing/scrachbuilding as this one will be pristine, not weathering, etc. as Bigg E. wants to travel in style. This is a 1:18.1 scale die cast 1920 Cleveland Roaster. Being of small nature, it fits well with my 1:20.3 items. Two 1:20.3 figures fit snuggly in the passenger compartment. It will be powered with a Mabuchi can motor through a functional driveshaft to a 1251 NWSL gearbox. Rear journals are 1:20.3 sprung Ozarks, the front truck is a 1:29.1 USA archbar and the wheels are Brandbright Tenmile curved spoked wheels. Headlamps, etc. will be powered with contant lighting. More photos as we progress.

Your feedback is always welcomed.

Attached Files:

2. George D

George D Member

It looks like the brass hat is going to be traveling in style. You've got a good looking model there. :thumb: Even though I model in HO, I think that you have an interesting project going. Keep us posted on your progress.

3. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Whoa! Now that's travelin' in style! Nice work!
  4. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

WooHoo!!!! He be stylin'....:cool: :thumb:
  5. marc gast

marc gast Member

Stylin" :)

Thanks for the Kudos all!!

More photos to follow. I'll post some photos of the logging truck I finished a couple of years ago. The logging truck placed 1st in the NCR NMRA Convention in Grand Rapids, MI last year and has won several other awards. The logging truck is going to Detroit next year for the Narrow Gauge Convention.

6. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Marc , That is one sweet lookin' vehicle.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  7. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

neat one:thumb: :thumb:
  8. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Oh yeah, I like that one.:thumb:
  9. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

Love it, Marc.

Almost makes me want to expand my time frame by 10 years to accomodate my one.

I said, almost, but I like the 1880-1900 frame I picked.

But that is one sweet machine. :thumb: :thumb:
  10. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

11. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

Drive on, Miss Daisy!! And don't spare the horses. :) :):) :p :eek:
  12. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Cool project :cool: :cool: :cool:
  13. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

14. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Too cool!!!! Wish I had one of those for real!!