Best Online Retailer

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by Dav, May 21, 2005.

1. Dav

Dav New Member

I'm looking for a good place to get Atlas flex track and Midwest cork for N scale online. I know I ran across a thread once that suggested some inexpensive vendors, but I've lost that. Does anyone have any recommendations?
  2. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

3. acsxfan1

acsxfan1 New Member

4. tillsbury

tillsbury Member
  5. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

Check the Hobby Shop section of the links page in my signature.
  6. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

Hi all,

I found Standard Hobbies. com to be the cheapest with Atlas flex track by far.

Ron :wave: :wave:
  7. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Yeah I agree, Standard Hobbies for flex track, cork and Atlas turnouts.
  8. Hoghead

Hoghead Member

Yep I second :thumb:
  9. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

What's the URL for standard hobbies? I Googled it and got some sort of shopping search engine. It did have some model train sites, but most of them were like ebay and and a few other online hobby shops. Most of the rest of the sites it came up with had nothing to do with hobbies, trains, models or anything at all helpful. :confused:
  10. Dav

Dav New Member

Looks like

Thanks for the feedback folks... it's been a while since I posted the original question but I still haven't bought my needed track and roadbed to complete my layout. It's been a busy summer :)
  11. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

Hi Pitchwife,

I go to Excite search engine and type in Standard Hobbies .com

You will need to download there catalog and its free.

Ron :thumb: :wave:
  12. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Just so you are careful, Standard Hobby has the best pricing for those things that are mentioned here, but there are other sites that have great pricing and selection on a lot of other stuff. I don't thing anyone buys everything they need from just one dealer.
  13. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

The only online model RR orders I have placed have been with Rusty Stumps Scale Models.

They have some great laser cut detail parts for N Scale.
  14. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

Hi all,

I agree with EasyDays one hundred percent. All I buy from Standard Hobby is my track and switches. There are many other great on line hobby stores out there to fill our needs.

Ron :thumb: :wave:
  15. ajroland

ajroland Member

16. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

Thanks Dav. I've added it to the Hobby Shop page of my links pages. I always like to add new sites to keep them as up-to-date and as useful as possable. :thumb: