Best L.A. area hobbyshops?

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
Here I am, In laguna Beach , CA and am wondering...where's the best hobby shop within reasonable distance? I model in HO, so keep that in mind, and also I'm not rich, I'm 16. Thanks to those who can help. Also I'll only be in town from now till the 21st, so please respond quickly!

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
sign1 Im 16 years old too.:wave:

I usally go to the only 3 hobby stores around here that no off. Here the are:
1. Milepost38 Trains, Located in Yorba Linda, CA - www.milepost38modeltrains.com
2. The Train Crossing, Located in Costa Mesa, CA - they dont currently have a web site.
3. Arnies Trains, Loacted in Westminister, CA - www.arniestrains.com

I just went to Arnies Trains on Tuesday for the first time and they had the best selection of HO Scale products. The have lots of Athearn and Walthers.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
:D :) Yes it is, during the week im not allowed to go outside because of skool so I just spend time working on my layout. And my mom thinks that I doing my homework!! and being boredsign1 Don't get me wrong, I still do all my homework, just at skoolbounce7

Well Milepost 38 gives you whats called "milepost money" this means every time you spend $100.00 or more, you will recieve $10.00 off your next purchace price.

The Train Crossing gives 10% off every thing you buy if you pay with cash and 5% if you pay with chech.

And Arnies Trains, they just have tons of stuff. I recoment going to them first if your going to a hobby store around here.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
There stores is kinda a mess and U really have to dig through the stuff but I always find stuff there. U just gotta look around behind other things. When r u goin there? Cause there closed on mondays and I highly dought that there open 2marrowwall1

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Every one says that it's bad luck to be open on monday if your a hobby store. w/e

I think that they open at 12:00 noon but im not sure, nothing past 12:00 though.

Come to think of, i don't really remember if there open sundays or not, I think that they are.wall1
U might want to look them up in tha fone book and cal them be4 u go there.

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
I like Hobby Warehouse here in Lakewood, but it is a bit of a drive from Laguna. Hobby Warehouse also discounts just about everything in the train dept. They may discount other depts as well, but I don't frequent any other dept. so I don't know.