Best deal (And hobby shop) EVER!!!!

WM-N-fan

Jan 27, 2002
Hagerstown Md.
Yesterday I went to a bustling hobby shop in Baltimore. I looked in the glass case and noticed low prices. I bought a CSX SD-35 for $45 NEW, in a HOBBY SHOP!!! I also bought 10 atlas 90 tons (for my drag) for $44!!! But I knew little that the best was yet to come! When I got home, I looked on the SD-35 box......
IT WAS DECODER EQUIPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They must have made a mistake!!!!!!!!

a $130 engine for $45 IN A HOBBY SHOP!!!

The name of the shop is MB Kline's. If you ever go there its on the corner of Gay St. and Saratoga St. You can also order by mail and phonme and maybe e-mail. They have a warehouse above the HUGE shop!!!

IMRL393

Aug 7, 2001
Visit site
As Catt's link shows, M.B. Kline's website AND e-Bay "handle" is "Modeltrainstuff".

I've bought (won) 4 locos from them on e-Bay. They are the tops in my book - professional, in every good meaning of the term!
I've always gotten top quality products and service at a great price from them.

And, of course, they have done snailmail order out of MR for years.

I'm glad they will have a bigger web presence!

They will certainly get more of my business!!!

- George

G

Gregg Mahlkov

M. B.. Klein's

They've been there awhile. I bought my first N scale trains from Ted Klein back in 1966. At that time it was just a small hardware store with model trains on one side, but great prices even then. I bought an HO Westside Heisler for $25.00 there, back in 1965. Sold it for a great deal more when I was out of work in 1980. It's too bad the website doesn't work right yet. All I get is a green site with dark blue and black letters.

jmhewitt

May 12, 2002
Wilmington, NC
Gregg

I usually surf with Internet Explorer 5.5, and the modeltrainstuff site comes up fine in that. with Netscape 4.7 - FORGET IT! they say on the site use IE 6, but if you have the updates to 5.5 it should be no problem.

so, if you aren't seeing the website properly, look to your browser! I doubt that they will change it, and we will see more and more of this type of limitation to old browsers over time.

Michael Hewitt

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
I'm running 5.5 here, and only the background comes up. Course, I say no to download vector imaging or whatever that is, but that's a standard response for me - if it's not already on my computer, I don't want it. Websites shouldn't be built around that kind of requirement (course, I hate websites that have any kind of music too, and yet people still add it).

G

Gregg Mahlkov

SLoooooooooooooooow website

Well, I downloaded the "VML" that the site requested, not from it, but because I received a business e-mail requiring it. Then tried the M. B. Klein website. It's the sloooooooooooowest site around! I have a 56K modem, but the fastest it ever runs is 45333 bps, which is what is is running now. With Klein's new site, the time lag for up and down or side to side is a least 15 seconds! DSL lines are not available to everyone!

IMRL393

Aug 7, 2001
Visit site
I have I.E. 5.5 and a 56K modem, and the website loads up just fine and just as fast as the Gauge for me!

Better look at your equipment, software or your ICP, Mike et al !!!

- George

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
I have IE 6 but only connect at 33.6 and it came up fast and no problems at all with quick navigating.
Excellent prices I must say but still with the lousy value of the Canadian Dollar I don't order anything from the US as delivery charges are too high.

rich maiorano

Apr 27, 2002
levittown pa
matthyro 33.8 thats slow got cable a couple of months back and i fly thought the internet wish i had a fast computer this ones getting old one of those 2.0 g would do just fine but who has the money for that and trains :D :p

inkaneer

Jul 7, 2001
Visit site
Not to be nit picking but the correct name iof the Hobby Store is M.B. Klein's and not M.B. Kline's. It is on Gay Street under Interstate Route 83 which ends about 3 blocks from it. We call it the M.B. Klein Freeway when attending train shows at Timmonium.
If you have never been to Klein's you must go at least once in your lifetime. Go to the back of the store and you will be literally in N scale train heaven.

G

Gregg Mahlkov

M. B. Klein's Hobby Shop

I called in an order on the 1st and received it on the 5th. Everything was discounted 30 percent and the shipping was only $4.75.......Do believe I shall be doing a lot more business with them again. :) :)

uboat

Jul 10, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
Ah yes, Kleins, I have been buying from them off and on since the early seventies. Great prices and service. One of the best selections around. Had one minor snafu on a recent ebay purchase but it was quickly and professionally straitened out. Was some communication problems between myself and a new guy. Currently anxiously awaiting my new Atlas GP38 earlies that are on reserve there. Shane was kind to confirm my reservation a few days ago. Definitely will make the pilgrimage if I am ever in the Baltimore area. First class outfit. I have had some problems loading the website too - dial up and IE 6 - get background and wierd colors, the pictures and words are out of focus - but at least they are working on it.

Cactus

Aug 27, 2001
Maryland
Visit site
Originally posted by inkaneer
Not to be nit picking but the correct name iof the Hobby Store is M.B. Klein's and not M.B. Kline's. It is on Gay Street under Interstate Route 83 which ends about 3 blocks from it. We call it the M.B. Klein Freeway when attending train shows at Timmonium.
If you have never been to Klein's you must go at least once in your lifetime. Go to the back of the store and you will be literally in N scale train heaven.

You got that right, inkaneer!

WM-N-Fan, I took your advice and went down there (even took the train into town). It's train heaven, all right.

And to boot, I even found one of my former students working there. I hadn't seen him since he graduated in '97. (I wasn't RRing in 97, and didn't know that he was.)

BTW -- it's only a 3 block walk from the Shot Tower train station to Klein's front door, allowing convenient and free parking well outside the city limits.

G

Gregg Mahlkov

NMTexMan, there are plenty of other reasons to visit "Ballamer", mainly the B&O Museum, which has one of the finest collections of steam locomotives in the USA, from a replica of the "Tom Thumb" all the way to a C&O Allegheny. The Inner Harbor is also worth seeing, along with the USS "Constellation", sister ship to the "Constitution", plus Camden Yards and the Orioles for the baseball fan, which can be accessed by trolley..........and, then there are the crab cakes (sigh). :cool: :cool: