Beginner tries to strike again!

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by rcline, Sep 9, 2004.

1. rcline

rcline Member

Hello again to all. :wave:
    Well, I finally got my first LED street lamp made! Then I attacked the helicopter and here they are. Am I learning or what? Thank you to all for your knowledge that you have pasted on this site. I may be slow, but I am getting it done!

Attached Files:

2. DT1967

DT1967 New Member

Nice work...if you're slowly getting there then watch out when you do get rolling!

3. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Hey that's great! I like 'em both!
  4. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Great job! They both look cool!
  5. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

:thumb: :thumb: I think I saw that ambulance scene on an episode of "Law and Order" recently.
  6. rcline

rcline Member

thank you every one for your kind words. I still have a long way to go, but with luck, as dt1967 says, once I get rolling - look out!!
  7. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Looks Great rcline :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  8. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

Great job rcline. Been looking for streetlight ideas. Would you mind posting a "daylight" version of yours to show more of the details?
  9. brakie

brakie Active Member

Very Nice! Great work! :thumb:
  10. CharlesH.

CharlesH. Member

Very good! never thought a LED could illuminate that much.
  11. rcline

rcline Member

LED Lamp

Thank you again for your good words every one.
    Pitchwife, Someone on this site ( HO scale trains) left thier link to thier own site and it was there that I learned about the LED lamp poles. I don't remember who it was thou!
    Any way here is a drawing on what I did.
    I also played with several resistors ( 4.7k 1\4 watt down to 3.3K 1\4 watt) and found that the 3.3K ohm resistor worked the best for me, good and bright!! The LED's are 3.8 volts.
    After I completed construction of poles I taped off the LED itself and spray painted the poles and the LED "leads" a light gray color. That was it!
    I power all my goodies with a 50 amp, 0 to 15 volt DC power supply.
    I have also started on the electric doors on the round house. I'm using stepper motors from old floppy disk drives and came up with a stepper motor drive program to open and close the doors and it will also control all other goodies from my train PC.
  12. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Good work RC!

Probably Fred, AKA dash10, AKA HO Moderator :D as it looks like his design to me :D and a jolly good one at that. I've got one and they are great. Will definately apply the technique on my own layout!
  13. rcline

rcline Member

Oops !!!!

Try this again!
  14. rcline

rcline Member

15. rcline

rcline Member

Hay ! I forgot to say that the above link goes to my lamp drawing . I think !!
  16. rcline

rcline Member

lighted transport wagon

Ok, I went all this time. I took my EMS transport wagon, ripped it apart, then added lights under the hood. I installed 4 LED's ( 1 of each - bl,rd, yel and green)that all flash simultaneously with a flash rate of 10 fps. So tell me what you think!
    The second photo shows the green and yellow as both on, but thier not! :thumb:

Attached Files:

17. CharlesH.

CharlesH. Member

That's a really nice effect, particularly the one with the blue LED