Began HO layout, my first adult one.

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
Other than making one for my son at age 6 as a Christmas set form a starter set I havent made an HO layout befor.

I now have the taple, 8x6 made and on the living room floor.

Later it will take over the garage but b for now I had the hots to run some trains.

I have way more stuff than a club could ever use and I want to see some of it operate.

Later I will take this down and convert it to O ga for the under the tree tain.
however for now it scrtachs an itch.

I will post some pics later.

Sounds great Gil. Good luck with it. I hope to start my first layout EVER this fall. I am finishing a gut remodel on the 2nd bathroom for Mrs. Big and my kids. Once that is done, I have hopes to get some work done on my '65 Mustang that has been gathering dust for the past 3 years (I would really like to get it back on the road this summer).

Then as fall comes, I hope to settle into my shop, armed with all of the great information I have gotten from The Gauge, and begin my layout with the help of my 2 boys.

By the way, glad to see you are doing better Gil. I seem to recall you were in the hospital a couple weeks ago?

Thanks Mike, I was and it made it gard going on this table.

The wife help me a bit, go figure that.

I cant decide what to model as I so much of everything.

I think it best to keep it simple and just run so tains on two loops and a siding.

How about some pics of that pony car?

You lucky dog you.

picday8.jpg

Gil, you almost nailed my car with that pic. My '65 is the exact same color as that '67 fastback you showed - Silver Blue. Man, I love that color - and you don't see it very often either! I have the same rims too, except the center caps on mine are red. And my '65 is a coupe, not fastback.

I have some pics around here somewhere. If I can find 'em, I will post them. Otherwise you'll have to wait til I get her out of storage.

I use to do body work and was pretty good. Come help on this layout and I will prep ypor 'tang for paint and detail.

It has been a few years since I did any detailing or paint jobs, I miss it.

My joy was a 72 El Camino with heads, a high rise and a holly quadrojet.

I painted it pearl white. It would fly.

My joy was a 72 El Camino with heads, a high rise and a holly quadrojet. I painted it pearl white. It would fly.
Last summer I had a chance to get a cherry condition El Camino in Fire Engine Red while I was down in Atlanta visiting my Dad. I would have bought it except I had no way of getting it back home to Missouri. :cry:

I got more junk that i can sue and not enough room on this board:(

I am using 22 inch True Track and some 18 inch True Track and this stuff works better on a big layout such as I planned in the garage.

I will try and get my coal tipple on it and a false sidings with hoppers parked on them at least.