Be Careful Wrapping And Unwrapping Those Chritmas Presents

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Mountain Man, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Active Member

You should be careful wrapping and unwrapping your Christmas gifts this year. Why? Because under certain conditions, Scotch tape gives of X-rays powerful enough to show bones.

Who knew? :confused:
  2. Go Big1

Go Big1 Member

Wow, that is just unbelievable. I had no idea that such a powerful movement of electrons was occurring just from unrolling scotch tape!
  3. Mountain Man

I get the impression nobody did! :-o

Just make sure you don't do it in a vacuum! :mrgreen:
    Believe me - I'm greatly tempted!
  4. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Don't know about you, but I seldom use a vacuum chamber to wrap my presents in. It makes breathing a bit difficult.:mrgreen:

5. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

whoa, now thats pretty weird :eek:
  6. MadModeler

MadModeler Member

Yeah. Same here sign1

But when you have those special moments, nothing says "I love you" better than wrapping presents in a vaccum chamber.sign1

Pretty interesting article though. Thanks for sharing that Mountain Man.
  7. iis612

iis612 Member

That is cool! I could see some great applications for that kind of device.
    The question that comes to my mind is: Why are they experimenting with scotch tape in a vacuum chamber to start with?
  8. Mountain Man

Funny - I had the same thought. The only answer I could come up with was they broke something and were out of duct tape. :rolleyes:
  9. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Well, then - why didn't they experiment with the effects of using duct tape in a vacuum, when they got more????

I think they just wanted "Grant money" and this was the only thing they could think of on short notice.. sign1sign1sign1sign1
  10. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

I applied for the same grant. All I needed was a vacuum chamber. All they send me was enough to buy a roll of Scotch Tape...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  11. thumsup

thumsup Member

:cool: I need not worry, Santa doesn't wrap pieces of coal.:cry: