Bashing a church

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by Bill Nelson, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Bill Nelson

Bill Nelson Active Member

Thank you!

I have trolled the internet a couple of times, but St. Gummarus , St. Hubert, and St Gualbert were hiding.

They can now join St. Elgias I the patron saint of iron workers, whose establishment is in Montgomery Furnace.

I now have only one un named church, and it is a N scale church way up near a circular back drop that shrouds a ceiling pointed spot light, in a spot that is almost impossible to see.

I'll post pictures later.

Bill Nelson
  2. Bill Nelson

kitbashing on page 38 of my main thread.

There has been no progress on the Churches recently, I have been working for mammon, trying to get commerce going by reworking my Southern Staging yard, where more than half of my interchange trafic originates.

I am making a note here, though, as I have some new kitbashing projects in the works on my main thread. I have been adding some ore bins to the Bumpass Coal and Iron Co. way up on the Narrow gauge, in Gegokayoosa NC. and I have started kitbashing a tannery for Harlow Tn.

here is the link. . . . . There is some scratchbuilding and kitbashing scattered elsewhere in that thread

http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?p=918960#post918960

Bill Nelson
  3. Bill Nelson

Still no more work on the churches, but I am planning a major rebuild of my RR that might open up room for 3 or four more churches.

bill Nelson
  4. gbwdude

gbwdude Member

Ahh yes I remember that church, tis a beauty indeed. It's always great to see what you can make out of anything and make it yours. The greatest of modelers need this knack, otherwise scenes are boring when you can pick out what kit is what. That's just my two cents.

I have lots of buildings in mind I'd love to scratch and/or bash. One of them also being a church, the one from my hometown which I used to go to. Since I haven't seen anything close to it made this will probably be a scratch job, but as it always seems when I have something painted or make something, someone comes out with one (like my Fox River Valley SD24 that Atlas came out with a few years ago).

Tyler

Attached Files: