Bachmann Spectrum F7A & B

nmtexman

Nov 8, 2001
Albuquerque NM
Visit site
Well, I went and did it. Bought a set of ATSF F7A&B from my local hobby stores. I went in and saw them on Saturday when the first came in and liked what I saw. I didn't buy them then because I didn't want to fool around with another coupler exchange! Fancy that! Anyway, I took them home Monday night and ran and ran and ran them. The B unit is definitely faster than the A unit and has the "Flying Chief" logo on the side.

Both units are powered and the grills are etched, rather than molded.

All in all a great purchase.

WM-N-fan

Jan 27, 2002
Hagerstown Md.
Once in a show I saw a new Bachman Spectrum Conrail CW-44AC that caught my eye, and asked the dealer if it would run fine (unlike regular Bachman), and he said that at first they are OK, but you should lubricate them if you want it to be great. I flinched and walked on. Let us know how it runs.

RI541

Feb 20, 2002
Winchester N.H.
Visit site
If the B-Unit is faster than the A-unit and you hitch them together you might ruin the moters,I've got an Life-Like A-B-A unit in N-Scale and ran it as a unit,They all had the same motors but one was slower than the other two and the motor eventualy burned out.

I was told later that if I'd put decoders in them I could have regulated the speed for each unit to run the same.

I dont know if anyone else has had this problem but you might want to check it out before you hurt your new engine

Shane