BA-6 by MODELIK

Clashster

Dec 1, 2006
The Conch Republic
This looks fabulous! I have to have it (and the other two!). Any idea how to order one? I know the North American retailers take a little while to get these (and this one is just calling to me! :yep:). It's not like I need any more models, I'm just obsessed!
Thanks!
Chris

charliec

Jan 18, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
Might pay to wait for a review on this one. Modelik (www.modelik.pl) says the difficulty is 4/5 which is the same difficulty as their simplified (some might say inaccurate) Tiger II and Crusader models.

The MAZ missile launcher is declared as difficulty 5/5 which I think means it's complex and accurate.

The Modelik publisher (Janusz Oles) said on this forum that they are offering both simple and complex models but didn't say how to descriminate between these. The only indicator I can figure out is to match the declared difficulty level with existing (and known models).

Anyone notice that Modelik is also releasing a T-54 tank as well?

Regards,

Charlie

Clashster

Dec 1, 2006
The Conch Republic
You may be right Charlie, but I am not so hung up on the accuracy thing (I can hear the screams and curses as I type this :eek:ops: ). I like to build things, and I seem to like armor more than any other thing. I saw these pictures of the prototype that caught me...

View attachment 7831

I am learning more about armored vehicles and tanks (gotta admit I am pretty much ignorant of them) through modeling them and checking out the links I have seen (many thanks to you! :grin: ).

Thanks!

Chris

BTW - did notice the T-54 (unfortunately, I did not find any build pictures of it).

Attachments

• Modelik0107BA-6_2.jpg
    Modelik0107BA-6_2.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 287

cdcoyle

Nov 21, 2005
After building Agassiz, looking at all those tiny, complicated assemblies in a Modelik kit makes me :razz: .

josve

Oct 21, 2005
Odda Norway
I always order directly from Modelik,Draf or GPM
Laserparts?? Is there any availble for any of theese Russell??

josve

Oct 21, 2005
Odda Norway
I checked with Modelik and Draf, and couldn't find any.
maybe I should ask Rafal if he's going to make some.
Don't hurt to ask!

Clashster

Dec 1, 2006
The Conch Republic
For those of you North Americans interested in this, I emailed The Paper Model Store - he said that it would be six to eight weeks after release before he gets them... :cry: Of couse, he just added some releases from 2006 - seems to have been a bit longer than eight weeks...

Chris

I was using Krys as my gage for the time estimate. I know I have asked him about availability of new models before and he always says their on order, but the proof is in the pudding, I always say.
Judging by previous performance, my estimate still stands but I doubt he would have them any earlier than July.

Russell

charliec

Jan 18, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
You could always try Scale Paper International if time is important. (http://www.e-papermodels.com/). Joseph seems to get new Polish models into stock pretty quickly. It's also easy to purchase from SPI since Paypal and credit cards are accepted - buying from Poland can be difficult (bank transfers). I guess the downside is the postage cost - at least that's a lot cheaper than Polish international postal charges.

Regards,

Charlie