AXM 1/144 Space Shuttle Atlantis

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Cap'n Davo, Mar 13, 2013.

1. vbsargent

vbsargent Member

That's a mighty fine looking shuttle you got there! Nice build.

2. Cap'n Davo

Cap'n Davo the new guy

Thanks for the kind words of support. :)

I'm making progress on the external tank and its coming along pretty well so far. I did make one goof where I lined up the seam line on the main tank portion with the seam lines of the pieces that make up the cone of the tank; I missed a step in the instructions where it shows that the cone is rotated with respect to the tank body so that the fuel line piece covers the seam on the cone. So, nothing terrible... I just have a seam line showing where I could have had it covered up. Oh well... just a note to myself for the next time I build it. ;-)

Attached Files:

3. kbkline

kbkline Member

Nice job. I'll be trying my hand at this by summer time. I still have a lot to learn first........
  4. Cap'n Davo

Cap'n Davo the new guy

Continuing to make progress. The External Tank is complete along with the right SRB. The left SRB had some issues (wrinkling of paper along the seam) that just bothered me too much so I'm building a new left SRB. I've started looking ahead to the MLP and crawler... F*U*N times ahead. :mrgreen:

Attached Files:

5. kbkline

kbkline Member

Looks awesome. You're giving me inspiration that I need. I'm starting to work on the transports (ATV's) for the ISS and then I'll start building the individual nodes for the ISS. While I'm doing that I'll start on the shuttle. To much building time and not enough time to do it lol. Anyway you have some really good tips that I'll be using.