automatic turntable alignment device.

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by norfolkga, Apr 18, 2008.

  1. norfolkga

    norfolkga New Member

    Is there such a device that lines up the tracks without eyeballing ?
  2. steamhead

    steamhead Active Member

    Hi...There definetly are such devices. They're called "indexing" units. Most of the t'table manufacturers also provide indexing systems. Check them out. The best place to start is Walthers, although there are several others that produce them. Good luck..!!
  3. Russ Bellinis

    Russ Bellinis Active Member

    If you are building you turn table from scratch, you could drill a small hole in the pit next to the turn table when the tracks are lined up, and put a small eyebolt in the side of the bridge to serve as an indexing device. Use a small finishing nail with the point dulled with a file as a lock by dropping it through the eyebolt and into the hole in the pit. If the eyebolt has a wood thread on the end, small adjustments could be made in the table indexing by screwing the eyebolt in or out as needed.

Share This Page