Atlas switches, am i the only one?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by lester perry, Dec 10, 2008.

1. lester perry

lester perry Active Member

There is another thread here about atlas switches / turn outs. It asks what is the problem. I have had electrical trouble with them,not only the points. Am I the only one to have this problem?
  2. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

I have the Atlas turnouts and haven't had a problem electrically(YET).
    But I have the manuals, and not the remotes. Prior experience with the remotes is the elctro-magnets burn out quick. Which makes them manuals rather quickley.
  3. lester perry

lester perry Active Member

I am not talking about the remotes. I mean track power the rails go dead. I will have to get a pic of repairs to show what I am talking about
  4. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Yep. I've had that problem with a couple and ended up soldering jumper wires as needed to get power flowing through the entire turnout.

5. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

The weak point ("electrically" speaking) is the rivet that holds the point rail and allows it to swivel. I used to fix (no more Atlas' for me, thank you...) by lightly tapping on the rivet using a roundhead screw and small hammer to tighten up the rivet somewhat but still allow for the swivel motion...
  6. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Misunderstood the question.
    Does though answer a couple of problems I have had.
  7. thumsup

thumsup Member

I gotta ask, Is soldering jumpers a problem? I'm new to this and real slow. :p
  8. hminky

hminky Member