Athearn SD60s!

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by brakie, Oct 22, 2004.

1. brakie

brakie Active Member

For those that may be interested Athearn has photos of their new RTR SD60s posted.

Guys,This seems to be yet another great looking RTR locomotive from Athearn. :thumb: For the bad news..Its getting harder for me to just say no to buying some NS units. :eek: Now,I freely admit the NS is my favorite modern railroad but,still do I need to model another road?. :confused: :D
    Sometimes I wish I could start over.
  2. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Thanks for sharing the links Larry. :wave: There is some nice NS Locomotives out there in the hobby. Some of the manufactures out do themselves.
  3. trainworm

trainworm Member

you always need another road :D :D :D

thats one of the reasons i chose the Southern Pacific in the 90's. they were leasing locomotives from just about every railroad in North America.

and then i have my Chicago & Eastern Illinois collection for some unknown reason... :D :D

i think i am going to sell off all my P2K SD60's and get the Athearn models. i prefer the Athearn paint and decal and shell details MUCH more than P2K. and i dont need all these SD60's that i have now anyway.

if you decide to go with NS, i am working on a NS flaired radiator SD70M with the correct cab (if it ever shows up) that i'll sell ya :D
  4. Hookedtrout

Hookedtrout Member

Look pretty nice but I'm afraid my 18" radius would be a bit small for that big of a Diesel.
  5. brakie

brakie Active Member

Alex Its a struggle not to sell off most of my C&O and Chessie units and go with NS..After all NS runs through town and I can look out my kitchen window and watch 'em roll by. With the more common HH GP38s and 40s plus all the other NS units I am interested in-including the Dash8-40C and the SD70s with the Spartan cabs it could be very easy to cave into modeling the NS.Now what makes this dangerous to me is there is a follow club member that wants to model the Chessie and sell or trade his NS units..Yes,this is self imposed dilemma for me.
    But,then perhaps a change of era is what I need to get me back into the swing of things.As of now all I want to do is operate my switching layouts.Nothing wrong with that of course. :D