Aru Build thread

M

Mark_1984

I've made some more progress with the arms. They are about as far as they can go before being attached to the body.
arm2.jpg

I cut off nearly all the tabs and butted the joins, reinforcing with scrape where I could. It makes assembly easier.

I also made one of the frills that go round the torso.
frill1.jpg

This looked like it was going to be a real so-n-so, but wasn't as bad as I expected.

I don't seem to have had many comments..... maybe because it's not the tidiest of jobs ? Certainly not a patch on some other build threads. Not to worry, I'm sure some people are lurking and enjoying, so I'll carry on :)

M

Mark_1984

The digits form

A bit more progress. The hand is making slow progress.
hand1.jpg

With a thumb, and start of a fore finger
hand2.jpg

I've also constructed the hips. These were easier than expected. Hacking off the printed tabs and adding ones on the back from scrap makes life a lot easier.
hips1.jpg

I think the legs are next, while I make slow progress with the fingers..... How do I do them ? One joint at a time ;)

M

Mark_1984

Wolfinlied said:
ah sweet, ive had this one in my build folder for sometime but every time i looked at it, it looked so daunting!

well done on giving it a shot AND making it look good!

Thanks - I'm back from hols now, so you should see some more progress soon.

M

Mark_1984

I'm back :)

I'm back from my hols now and have made a little more progress.

arms3.jpg

One arm has grown a little longer ;)

hand3.jpg

The hand is slowely being digitized ;) That tiny bit on the building board is the tip ofthe index finger waiting to be glued in place. The fingers are fiddly !!! I really have no idea why they try to print tabs on them -they are of no use whatsoever. I've just but jointed them.

legs1.jpg

Can I say I but jointed the but :twisted: I really used backing tabs, but that spoils the joke ;)

It's making slow progress. I have to admit, I find the fingers tedious

thewoodengraver

Nov 4, 2005
www.thewoodengraver.com
It looks like the Eye was quicker than the Hand!
Great job Mark...I been watching...silently!

No clue why tabs on something that small. Can we call it courtesy?

Glued the butt to the butt with a butt?
That's dang funny right there, I don't care who you are, that's funny! lol

M

Mark_1984

Slow progress

Hurray, I've finally finished one hand.
finishedhand.jpg

The ring finger didn't seem to go quite right, but good enough for this lame attempt.
Not quite sure how I'm going to fix it to the wrist yet - they seem to be different shapes :-?
legs2.jpg

The legs are growing.....

M

Mark_1984

Hi folks, I've had to temporarily remove the pics from my server. I'll put them back in a day or so.

I know I haven't updated this thread for a little while - Aru is simply resting, not abandoned. I needed a break before facing the other hand !!!!