Around the enginehouse

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
This is the scratchbuilt enginehouse that I recently finished. It's a CPR design.

ahq.sized.jpg

And installed on the layout (I still need to paint and install the doors):
ahj.sized.jpg

CPR9100

Mar 12, 2006
Looks great Glen like to more of your stuff keeper up:thumb:

Stevetrain97
Blind Bay BC. Canada

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Thanks for the compliments, its a real encouragment to hear feedback from fellow modelers.

Here's a few more shots of it's construction.
ahr.sized.jpg

This is the floor, I epoxied the track with ties to the styrene floor, thae added 1/4" square styrene tubing around the edges as a dam. The floor was then poured using soupy hydrocal so I would have a 'concrete' looking floor.

ahs.sized.jpg

Walls just after first paint color, the entire enginehouse was constructed out of styrene so I had my work cut out to make styrene look like wood. I scribed the backside of the siding to make it look like individual boards, then added the framing on top, using scale lumber styrene strip.
aht.sized.jpg

the basic structure is assembled and I masked all the windows, doors and roof so I could airbrush it in Floquil tuscan.

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
You did a nice job, Glen. I like the shot of the interior showing the framing. It's also a very typical structure that was found on railroads all over North America, so it "looks right", no matter where you're from.

Wayne