Anyone themed Thomas

jambo101

Feb 14, 2007
Montreal
I've been debating N scale or HO for quite a while and finally decided on the HO as i like the heft and bulk of HO,as the largest area i can afford is a 4'x8' piece of plywood the rolling units of the layout will have to be on the small side,The Thomas the tank engine theme seems to fit a lot of what i,m looking for in small steam and diesel consists,so how available are all the various engines and rolling stock and has anyone done a layout with this theme? if so do you have any pics or links?... thanks

jambo101

Feb 14, 2007
Montreal
That worked but not much in the way of layout pics..Doing some internet surfing for Thomas stuff is only showing some really cheap and kids toy quality product,if i.m going to do a Thomas layout the engines and rolling stock have to be of durable quality even if the engines have faces..

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
While I wish to make it clear that I'm not knocking Thomas (I'm convinced the show and characters will generate an entire generation of modelers) ho about forgoing the Thomas theme but considering Britih steam of the era Thomas seems to represent? I'm guessing you'll find some better quality equipment among the scale model manufactueres than the toymakers.

Ralph

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Sorry guys, I forgot to proof read my post before clicking "submit." I have 2 keys on my keyboard "E" & "P" that sometimes work and sometimes don't. In my response the "P" in pilot didn't work.