Any Idea what these would be

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by who_dat73, Nov 9, 2007.

  1. who_dat73

    who_dat73 Member

    I was walking the local yard the other day and there was a bunch of orange tubes sticking up between the ties didnt get any photos of them maby tom but any idea what they would be?
  2. Greg Elems

    Greg Elems Member

    If they're in a UP yard, they are called clearance cones. They are there to tell the crews how far back the cars need to be in a rail to clear the lead. They make it easy to tell if a car is in the clear from a distance.

  3. who_dat73

    who_dat73 Member

    Ok you'r right they are in the UP yard thanks for the heads up

Share This Page