Another scratchbuilt structure

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by shamus, Nov 15, 2002.

1. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Gang, been at it again over the last couple of weeks making a new loco shed. This one is a "John Allen" design. Nothing bedded in yet, just sitting there for now.
  2. justind

justind Member

Shamus, long time no see, but apparently you are still at it. I really like that shed, good job. Your projects are an inspiration (and a frustration :mad: ) to us.
  3. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

OMG - Another Great idea!!!!! Give me about a year or Two & I'll have one in G gauge.. ....... or not....... :) :) :)

Great work---- Keep it up!!!!

~~ Mikey
  4. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Hey Shamus.
    You did it again. That give me a idea for an enging house for my steamers

Can you E Mail me those photos please. Thanks
  5. Bill Stone

Bill Stone Member

Beautiful and imaginative work --- as always, Shamus.
    Bill S
  6. NYCentral

NYCentral Member

Excellent Work Shamus!! But I am partial to your old one;) (just kidding)
  7. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Great modelling my friend.. I love the curve on those doors.
    Your attention to detail is amazing
  8. rich maiorano

rich maiorano Member

WOW shamus you did it again hope you didn't bust something else to make that looks awesome :D :D :D rich
  9. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

The master.......taking from a legend!
    Excellent work Shamus.
  10. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

11. Vic

Vic Active Member

Hi Shamus, Another GREAT ONE!!!....:) :cool:
  12. t. alexander

t. alexander Member

Hi Shamus. Wonderful model. I really like the way the siding weathering turned out.:cool:

13. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

Shamus, I recall that design, I think it is great to model some of HIS master pieces. You have done him proud and once again you have given us all something to strive for.
    Just toooooooo fine. :eek: :eek: :eek:
  14. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi gang, many thanks for the kind comments, Yes I was brought up on John Allen and his Photography/Scratchbuilding, I have quite a few photographs of his layout and structures, to keep me going for ever.:D

15. marty w.

marty w. Member

Excellent work.
    Great detail.
  16. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

it's like walking through an art gallery and seeing all of te Master's work - one at a time. I could stay here all day:) :) :)
  17. Paul, in many ways, you remind me of John Allen. One of those is your dedication to your hobby and craft. From the magazine articles to the scratchbuilding to the willingness to help the rest of us, you are from the same mold as the "Great Poobah." I am sincerely in awe.

I do have a question for you. Do you draw plans/templates out and work from those, or do you work only from the "vision" in your head?

Your new engine house is excellent in every aspect! :cool: :) :)
  18. gerbs4me

gerbs4me Member

Fantastic job:D
    Keep up the good work
  19. jimnrose

jimnrose Member

Shamus, you got me in trouble. I showed your workmanship to my wife and now she wants one on our layout. You sure set high standards. I'm new to the hobby (2 yrs) and have only seen a few photo's of John Allen's work but the skill required to accomplish this caliber of work is exceptional.
    Thanks for sharing, Jim
  20. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Thanks guys.

Hi Casey, I make drawings/templates on the computer after looking at a particular photograph of the structure I wish to build. Then print out on paper the templates. These templates are glued to card which is followed by individual pieces of 1/16” wide stripwood all placed on the template one at a time..