another "Business Card" industry

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
I found a piece of property bounded by a spur that looked like it needed a building so I decided to try to build one out of my business card materials using some angles not normally found on structures. I used Errol's paper wood sheet again and painted other parts of the structures. Here is the result.:)

Attachments

• building 3.jpg
    building 3.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 172

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Wow David, super work there, and BIG from little business cards .. :eek:

Chuckling like a turky here! .. the bug's gotcha pal !!:D :D :D

The effect is great, suddenly the empty baseboard starts to take on a real look of purpose .. me likes it.. (a lot).

Errol

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
Originally posted by Ralph
That's neat David! Another interesting structure with a lot of character! How do you cut your window openings so nicely?
Ralph

Thanks guys,

Ralph - I use a very sharp #11 Xacto knife and a scale steel rule. On this venture I also had a whet stone to keep the blade point sharp. I found that after about 15 or 20 windows the point started to round so I kept it pointed with the stone. And it worked. I also use the Hobby Magnifier glasses to do the cuts. And I also take lots of breaks. I don't remember how many windows there were in that structure but I decided not to do the back side. The person who invents an "eversharp" hobby blade that is a scale 3.25'x5.25' is going to have a customer for life. :D :D

Errol - it is fun, and time consuming, and relaxing, and sometimes frustrating, but it is a part of the hobby that I just had never had an interest in until seeing the work that you guys have put on the Gauge. Shamus sent that fool plan and the rest is history. It's addictive:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D