An Interesting New Toy

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Drew1125, Dec 13, 2003.

1. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

My wife got me a pair of Bushnell binoculars, with a built-in digital camera...So on one of our little jaunts through the country the other day, I gave it a try...
    The picture quality isn't that great, but the really cool thing is, I took these pictures from pretty far distances...300yds, to over 1/2 mile...I thought these might be a handy tool for doing field research.
    This first one is of a Jim Beam distillery near Boston, KY...

Attached Files:

2. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

This is an old abandoned house off state road 52, near Lyon's Station...

Attached Files:

3. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

here's an outbuilding on a farm at New Hope...

Attached Files:

4. MCL_RDG

MCL_RDG Member

You've got to...

...get out more!

That's a neat toy. I always see scenes and want to just capture the feel (with out having to develop film- the expense- did I have the settings right, etc.).

I didn't understand the 2nd shot- but hey- Art is Art, as long as you hang him on the wall, otherwise- he's Matt 'cause he's laying on the floor. If there's a hole in the floor I guess he'd just be Phil.

Nice toy.

I am jealous. Thanks for ruining my life:thumb:

Mark :cool:

correcting a typo
  5. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

That's neat, what kind of resolution can you get? I'm assuming that the zoom factor is optical and not digital.

Geeze, a toy that is not only fun, but usefu tool:thumb: :thumb:

6. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

COOL! :thumb:
  7. interurban

interurban Active Member

That`s great Charlie:p
    It brings a whole new meaning to railfanning:D
    You can now see into the engineers cab,,,:eek: :eek: :eek:
  8. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

...Just DON'T ask about Stu. :D
  9. Bill Stone

Bill Stone Member

Great toy!
    My must-have-but-probably-never-will list just got longer.
  10. Tileguy

Tileguy Member

Way too cool!! What will they think of next. Have fun with that new toy charlie.Its pretty great when you as the recipient of a wonderful new toy ,can make all of us the beneficiaries of its abilities :D
  11. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

That's great Charlie! Now you'll be able to get all the reference shots you need. Perfect for industrial facilities where they won't let you in too -- I know all about those!

:thumb: Val
  12. aartwmich

aartwmich Member

Oooooo!! That IS cool!!! I've seen those in catalogs and drooled a little..slurp. You got a smart wife Charlie..or did you hint for months about that one?!? :D

Like EZ I wonder about the zoom also..optical or digital? The second pic is fuzzy, but you can kinda see a broken down corrugated building-I bet that one is max digital zoom. I've never been real happy with the digital zoom on my digital camera, pixels as big as my 21" :D

A great tool/toy to be sure tho, have fun with it!! (and remember to share your pics here!)
  13. Blake

Blake Member

Great toy (until his sexy 24 year old neighbor finds out).
  14. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Actually, Blake, she's 26...& I guess it's her HUSBAND I should be worried about!:D ;) :p Good thing for both of us I've already GOT a hobby!:D

Thanks for all the comments!
    I don't have anything that tells me what the camera's resolution's not very good, as is evident...there is, in effect, no "zoom" it's a 10x optical binocular, with the digital camara fixed at an infinity setting...the camera will not focus on anything closer than about 50'...not too good for photographing the layout, unless it's a really big one! Like Val mentioned, it's big advantage is getting photos of things you can't physicly get close to