Amazonian River Boat Paper Model

mauther

Sep 18, 2007
Sao Paulo-Brazil
amazonian boat papercraft by papermau 001.JPG

I drew this boat in 2018, and lacking a better name, I decided to call it the Amazonian River Boat. I drew it and ended up forgetting the sketches in some folder on my computer.

While digging through my hard drive, I stumbled upon the Sketchup and Pepakura templates. So, I decided to finish it.

The final template consists of 53 pieces divided into six sheets. I've labeled the pieces with letters, so assembly is straightforward: each piece fits with another piece named with the same letter.

amazonian river boat papercraft by papermau 004A.JPG

To make assembly easier, I've created a sheet with illustrated instructions, so I believe anyone who is genuinely interested in assembling it won't encounter many difficulties.

As I mentioned in the previous post, I used 180g recycled paper that has a color resembling burnt cement, giving the model a nice appearance.

This weight of paper provides the boat with a strong structure, but I think 150g or even 120g should suffice.

amazonian boat papercraft by papermau 0012.JPG

Link: Amazonian River Boat Paper Model - by Papermau

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Thank you very much, Mauther! I was looking forward to it since I saw your announcement. It reminds me of the African Queen. Great job! I always love your posts here! :)

Reactions: mauther