Amazing model of IL 18 passenger 1:50

lehcyfer

Mar 19, 2008
One of our Polish paper modelers has shown his amazing new project - airliner IL-18 (1:50 scale).

01.jpg

12.jpg

18.jpg

I will watch carefully when it will be released.

Wojtee

Jun 8, 2008
Prague, CZ
Wow... He writes "I am new here and want to show this to you" so casually...
It looks absolutely great. The interior must be so tiny!
Whole model should be about 75 cm long (and wide), if I am counting it right...
This will be great if it is released (any possible way) :)

(I am still gathering courage for the Il-14 from Konradus, which is only twin-engine, but in glorious 1:33 scale :)
http://www.konradus.com/forum/read.php?f=5&i=13&t=13&filtr=0&page=1 )

Z

Zathros

You Europeans really have this modeling ting down. I too have been trying to build courage to make the Il-14, and this looks like a beauty also. Incredible!! :)

warren61

Oct 23, 2012
Virginia
That is a stunning piece of modelling! I've always been of fan of Soviet era propliners.The Il-18 is an impressive aircraft and especially in this scale.

Cheers,
Douglas W.

Z

Zathros

I truly hope he releases this. It is a beauty! I love these aircraft with interiors. :)

will69

Sep 12, 2008
Sweden, Scandinavia
Good news my friends. According to the designer this will be realeased early 2013. ( I translated the posts in the forum :) )
I will eagerly follow that forum..... :thumb::mrgreen::twisted:

Z

Zathros

I have the IL-14, which is an incredible model, done with wiring and the like, it would make a fantastic half model, either way, itis quite a bird of flight! I look forward tot his one's release. :woot1:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
These models are impossible to get in the U.S. at a reasonable price, so, there goes another one! :(

vbsargent

Apr 16, 2008
MD, USA
Oddly enough Orlik's online shop carries a bunch of other publishers including GPM. They sell this plane for $27.13 plus shipping. The shipping is what will get you, but you can reduce the damage by ordering several kits at once to defray the costs.

BTW-their shipping cost estimator is a little funky. What they do is estimate the shipping, shich is a very highball price, then refund the difference when it is shipped. I placed an order for the USS Ward for $16.96, and the Michael Wittman Tiger for $17.64. The initial estimate for shipping was $15.60. They shipped it, refunded $6.95 in shipping 2 days after the order was placed, and I recieved the kits 8 days after placing the order. They also shipped registered mail in a very heavy package.

I was very impressed with their service and value.

vbsargent