Ahh The Memories

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by brakie, Jul 4, 2007.

1. brakie

brakie Active Member

2. trainnut65

trainnut65 Member

Cool video I have never seen anyone get some real action shots like that. must be cool to ride the train.
  3. Bones

Bones Member

I watched that a few weeks ago. Check out the steam videos in the 'related clips' section. Great stuff.
  4. brakie

brakie Active Member

Actually it becomes pretty routine after the first few trips and after the excitement wears off it becomes (more or less) oh hum another dirty cab..:ANYWORD:
  5. trainnut65

trainnut65 Member

I guess so. like any other job it is just work.
  6. BMRR

BMRR New Member

Great video, thanks for sharing.

7. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

After watching Brakies video, I watched some of the ones with UP 844 and the Challenger in them. I want to change eras now.

8. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

very cool video,i figure cab ride days are over now.i met a local fellow and because of insurance liabilities its strictly off limits.but still a sweet vid :thumb:.i checked out the vids in the related secton and WOW,i wish there were steam excursins in cincinnati...:mrgreen:--josh
  9. brakie

brakie Active Member

Guys,I did not shot the video..I just found it on you tube while looking at videos.It just brought back tons of memories and I posted the video link so you can see how a brakeman/conductor goes about their work.
  10. MadHatter

MadHatter Charging at full tilt.

There's nothing like a cab ride- 'cept when you're in charge of the loco!

I've been lucky enough to have 6. 2 in steam (both very short ways), 2 in Diesel (quite a distance, between two major stations) and 2 in electric (one long ride, one short).

Thanks for sharing the vid!