Advice on Guards for layout sides

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by CNWman, Apr 5, 2007.

1. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

As you may know, I have a 4X8 layout I'm building, but the track plan is uncomfortably close to the edge (and all those peices are curves!) and my olive green boxcar nearly bit the dust on the most dangerous of all those curves and I was lucky that the wheels caught the rail, thus sparing my boxcar. To solve this problem, I plan to put protective guards around my table to prevent any things like that ever happening again. I would prefer them to be see-through and durable, so visitors who accadentaly hit the guards won't harm anything.
  2. stripes

stripes Member

3. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

I have a 2 year old that has figured out he can reach up through the canyon and get at one of the bridges. I plan on adding plexiglass soon.
  4. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

5. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

Toddlers can be fun, can't they? :D
  6. Thoroughbreed

Thoroughbreed Member

HEHE, wait till you come in and find him have crawled up onto the layout, and being Godzilla across all your scenery.sign1
  7. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

If he EVER!!!!!!!!!!! Has anyone ever posted a child on ebay before?
    Oh come on, you know I'm just kidding.

Attached Files:

8. hooknlad

hooknlad Member

I wonder how that table guard stuff would hold up against a basketball tossed onto the layout,by "accident"..

That table guard stuff looks amazing? David , have you used it?
  9. GN.2-6-8-0

GN.2-6-8-0 Member

Its meant to keep things from falling to the floor,I,m sure a basket ball or any large object would cause serious damage....
  10. hooknlad

hooknlad Member

Just joshing about the ball thingy, but a 2 year old crawling around, a meteor is bound to hit the village - lol
  11. stripes

stripes Member

No I have not used it. And it must be just to keep things on the table. I will email Mike and let him explain here!

12. MeePatch

MeePatch New Member

Thanks, David. The guard rail is for keeping the trains on the table and the taller rail is for keeping hands off your layout. It is made from clear acrylic. Te design is laser engraved into it. It might not survive a basketball. I'm not sure what else I can tell you that isn't on the website. If you have any questions I'd be glad to answer them.
    Thanks, Mike