"Abandoned but not forgotten"

railohio

Dec 29, 2000
Interesting concept but not very well executed. No background information on any of the locations -- if they even identify that much.

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
Awesome site!!!! I sure would love to model that Kenecott Copper Mine in Alaska! Neat stuff. Thanks for posting the link. .... In fact, I think I'll bookmark it.

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
jtloconut said:
were are the trains?:cry: :cry: :cry:

If you look in the "unknown places" link, there's a link to the ATSF shops/

Also, in the California section, The Golden Gate RR museum is prominently displayed. :thumb: And the loco that's on my avatar is owned by them, SP's 2467 and the famous 2472! :thumb: There's more too...just look a little harder. Hunter's Point Parts 1-4 have lot's o' rusty F units too :)

MadModeler

May 20, 2006
LongIslandTom said:
Check out the sites of the Urban Exploration Web Ring: http://e.webring.com/hub?ring=draining

Plenty of sites on abandoned places (including abandoned rail lines), mostly with good background info documentation. :thumb:

My favorite ones are the ones about the NYC area like Forgotten NY and oldnyc.com (they seem to be the best-documented).

Another one is www.uer.ca. Neat site but need to be a full member to be able to see everything on it.

Locations that are marked "Demolished" or "Public" can be fully accessed by even basic members.

railohio

Dec 29, 2000
MilesWestern said:
If you look in the "unknown places" link, there's a link to the ATSF shops

Which is probably the dumbest thing on there. They tell you what it is and where it is but somehow it's still "unknown." :curse: