A Tragedy On The Rails Today...

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
30 head of cattle and one brakeman asleep in a caboose were killed during a major derailment and collision on the Crazy Eight Railroad earlier this evening. The train actually collided with it's self while coming into the crospiece where half it's cars had derailed momments earlier. News choppers and a camera car were on the scene to bring these photos.

Attachments

• Wreck001.jpg
    Wreck001.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 163
  • Wreck002.jpg
    Wreck002.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 163
  • Wreck003.jpg
    Wreck003.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 164
  • Wreck004.jpg
    Wreck004.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 161

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
oldtanker said:
Did they do a sobriety test on the engineer????
Rick
Sadly, the engineer is in a coma at this time. No one is sure if it was from the wreck or the empty 5th of Jack Daniel's found behind the throttle. ;)

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
Oops...you mentioned cattle...now Greenpeace, PETA, ALCU, and congress will need to investigate along with OSHA, EPA, NTSB, state and local authorities. Better hire a damage control PR firm, lots of lawyers for the cattle wrongful-death lawsuits that are coming (the remaining family of the cattle will seek damages for pain and suffering, lost wages etc of course). I'd suggest hiring the Addams Family Law Firm - they're really good at staging/recreating train wrecks and might see an angle out of this mess.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
Herc Driver said:
Oops...you mentioned cattle...now Greenpeace, PETA, ALCU, and congress will need to investigate along with OSHA, EPA, NTSB, state and local authorities. Better hire a damage control PR firm, lots of lawyers for the cattle wrongful-death lawsuits that are coming (the remaining family of the cattle will seek damages for pain and suffering, lost wages etc of course). I'd suggest hiring the Addams Family Law Firm - they're really good at staging/recreating train wrecks and might see an angle out of this mess.
Ah, man! :mad:
I'm going back to passenger rails! :mad:
*fills out application for Amtrack*
:D