A ship 1000 miles from water

F

Fred_M

Driving down I-44 today I spot an odd site, a big cabin cruiser off in the ditch? Sorry about the poor pic, but it's hard to squeeze off a shot going 75 mph and drive and it was too far from the exits to go back. FRED.

Attachments

• cabin cruiser.jpg
    cabin cruiser.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 197

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Until now I always thought, the term 'street cruiser' was something like the car in dash10's avatar.

But now I know what it REALLY means! Man, you got things over there in the USA! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ron;)

PS: Come to think of it - could it be a disguised UFO? (Perhaps its pilot also heard the expresssion 'street cruiser'... :D)

F

Fred_M

Let me clarify, just a boat...no trailer. Just a big cabin cruiser in the ditch between the interstate and outer road. Didn't appear to be damaged as in rolling or falling off a trailer. Looked like the SS Minnow:) laying on its side in the ditch. Was gone this morning. There's a dry wash there so I suppose it could of floated there during the last thunderstorm, but that was a week ago:D. FRED

F

Fred_M

Re: I'm getting off-topic here...

Originally posted by roryglasgow
dash10,

What does "from the 286 of Fred" mean? I mean the "286" part...
A 286 is a class of computers built in the late 80's early 90's. FRED

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Re: Re: I'm getting off-topic here...

Originally posted by dash10
A 286 is a class of computers built in the late 80's early 90's. FRED
No way are you still running a 286. I mean, Window 3.1, a 2 K modem, 4 meg of RAM and a 16 color video driver. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

"From the 286" has gotta mean you're "far from" your 286.:D :D

F

Fred_M

Well you caught me on that lie.:D And a 286 wouldn't run windows 3.1 due to a lack of virtual memory capability. If you installed it on a 286 it installed as 3.0, but I really wouldn't expect anyone but a tech to know that. And I still have a working 286, at least it worked the last time I lit it up. So now I'll change my signature. Took you all two weeks to catch me.:D on that. FRED

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
Fred,

Yeah, I was having trouble imagining how you were able to surf the web from a 286. That's why I asked. I was beginning to wonder if I was missing something!

Of course, I remember when it was cool to have a 286...

F

Fred_M

Originally posted by boppa
bah i like tis one betta :)
(off the scale and it reads up to 120 MPH!!)
Aah, that's 120 kph, isn't it? That's like 75 MPH. No way that little 4 banger can run 120, I'm impressed it can do 75. You also printed you picture backwards as the steering wheels on the wrong side. :D FRED

F

Fred_M

Who sang the song "the road to the right is wrong, the one to the left is right, I'm looking for the right way to go wrong so I'll never make it home tonite"? Seriously, who sang that so I can download the mp3. And I think they say we drive on the wrong side Clerk. That's one of our war secerets. We Americans tend to break right in a dog fight and the rest of the world breaks left, so we give them the slip. :D FRED