1969 Chevrolet El-Camino Build

Discussion in 'Commercial & Civilian Vehicles' started by Dented Rick, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

So I took a break from my DSEV and built the 1969 Chevy El-Camino. I think it turned out ok.

1969 Chevrolet El-Camino 01.jpg 1969 Chevrolet El-Camino 02.jpg 1969 Chevrolet El-Camino 03.jpg 1969 Chevrolet El-Camino 04.jpg 1969 Chevrolet El-Camino 05.jpg 1969 Chevrolet El-Camino 06.jpg
  2. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

3. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

All in all it took me about 4 hours total.

1969 Chevrolet El-Camino 13.jpg 1969 Chevrolet El-Camino 14.jpg 1969 Chevrolet El-Camino 15.jpg 1969 Chevrolet El-Camino 16.jpg 1969 Chevrolet El-Camino 17.jpg
  4. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Hey Man!!! That is like one of my favorite all time cars! Where did you get that from? Nice job (or when I was very young, we say, ("Nice Yob Main, Pop a Wheelee!").

I love it!!
  5. bf109

bf109 Member

nice clean build,
    only 1 thing it would have been beter if you had coloured in the exhaust on the inside before rolling it up and glue it .
    just a little tip still great work !!

A Q-tip with some Sharpie soaked in will take care of that exhaust.

i think its from this site http://www.daytona-mag.com/papercraft/index.html :thumb:
  6. Zathros

Zathros Guest

7. inky

inky Member

Very nice job, reminds me of the El Camino we use to have when I was a kid.
  8. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Yep, that's where I got it from, Think I snagged them all for future builds :)
    I also realized my mistake on the exhaust, but I got a feather marker that's perfect for this kind of "Correction" ;)

9. mchale

mchale beach boy

cool looks good
  10. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I'll be honest, I snagged them too. It wasn't till I saw your build that the potential of the car is revealed. I think a lot of people are going to be building them. I'd like to see an Impala like that. Looking at how the body was designed, it wouldn't be that hard for someone who was already designing them.
  11. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

to be honest, when I first snagged the templates and looked at them, I thought they would be cheesy and blocky. But it didn't turn out too bad. It wasn't too hard to build, and its the same scale as my plastic models. 1/24th
  12. bf109

bf109 Member

do you use the coins to cut out the tires (cirkels )??

(i hate to do tires but love to build cars)
  13. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I have a Metal Lathe (9" SouthBend) and I have actually made two aluminum washers with a very small screw and cut wheels on it, for a previous model. That's how much I hate cutting wheels!
  14. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

I actually rotate the paper while cutting it by hand. I have a pretty steady hand
  15. i allso have a good timing rounded steady hand i love 3D tires the only thing if the tires is on the cars it makes it look real. but? if the wheels is just one piece but no tires to suppor the car wait or ballance is it because the car is not strong enoght to hold the car strate evening out the cars wait so the tires on the inner and outter wheels can hold the car or cars body up even in cardboard cardstock papercraft papermodel or papercar
    that's why i like to make a 3D wheel with full support not just the whole car with the wheels attched to the car or whole body because the wheels will go flat or bend out of shape the cars needs full support so the wheels don't bend out or in because 3D is more with it. i hope this helps you out.
  16. Vermin_King

Vermin_King Member

This guy is going to be printed out at 50%, weathered and set on blocks for a near future gaming setting. Almost a shame to do that to such a fine model, but it fits.
  17. i3pm

i3pm New Member

really nice build Dented Rick.
  18. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

19. 123yokomo

123yokomo Member

great job!
  20. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

Very Nice looking Vehicle, and your model build did her justice - great job :thumb: