Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ASC Mclaren, Jan 29, 2013.
I can imagine how it looks like..!
Finished the chassis and wheels. Muffet approved. Made the tracks, and started the cleats.
score, cut, color sides, repeat times 78, 79, 80. Holy $#!^ there are alot of cleats. I'll be working these for days.
Well, between you and me, I cheated a bit with my build . I attached the cleats only to the upper side of the tracks to save time (and nerves) :mrgreen:!
I feel your pain. I did the same thing that you are doing now (with both LR's, SR, & Power sled.). So I know what you are going through.
However, I saved the prints of the still un-attached cleats for those dark, cold and rainy days which might come on occasion to stress the dreariness of the situation... sign1
I know what you are going through!!
Thinking back on the tedious repetition of building the spine modules on my Discovery makes me cringe and drives me to open up a beer, roll a good one, and giggle to myself p) while watching your exploits!!!
Its well worth keeping at it though. With repetitious work, you seem to work for days and get nowhere, and see no physical progress. But, the pleasure of yelling 'YES!!!!!! THEY ARE DONE!!!!' at 3 in the morning, makes it all worth it!!!:mrgreen:
67 done, 13 to go......
announce1 Attention: Cleats countdown! :mrgreen:
Daunting week, switched shifts from second to first in the middle of the week, so no build time till now. Tracks are done. Now I am planning the LED, Battery and switch schematics. Oh and thinking over the tactical changes and such. Thinking of changing the front door hinges to the front of the door, any thoughts?
I did a tutorial on functioning cockpit canopies for the Buck Rogers Thunder Fighter.
Here is the thread:
You can use what ever technique you wish to for your hinge. I hope that it helps. If you have any problems or questions, just send me a PM or email and I will do what I can to help you out.
GOOD LUCK WITH IT!!!
Got some building in, parts 31 and 32 are cut. Part 31 sides are glued, as are the stiffeners. I have inverted the parts so that they are white. I have not joined the parts so that I can run wires.
Cut out part 6, inverted and silvered up the whole thing, to act as a reflector. Added circuit board and LEDs. Cut two more part 6 for spacing. I need to add lenses and solder up the lower light set, but they all light up on 3v. :mrgreen:
Wow! Great progress! You might add some kind of reflector to the LED housing. Tin or aluminium foil would do. However, if you use it make sure that the wires do not touch the foil (they might short-circuit then).
I had thought of doing that, and decided against for exactly that reason. Although I will be using foil outside of the "Ballast" to avoid light bleeding through. I still have to avoid any shorting. Soldering done, lens made, cab started. I have part 8 modified and on, circuit board cut and marked.
Thant said, I am well off the tracks on this build. Having not built this particular version before, and modifying to the degree that I am planning is challenging my skill.
More pictures to follow.
Challenging your skills is what this hobby is all about.
I am certain that you will do well.
Progress picture dump:
Separate names with a comma.