Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.H, GPM 1:25

snake7

Dec 13, 2004
Israel
Hello everyone!
Three backs here! :)

I'm back to my regular place in The Armory ;)

I'm back to my long term project - Line of WWII main German tanks from I to VI.
Now it is turn of Panzer 4 and particularly Ausf.H modification with long 7.5 cm gun and Zimmerit coting with protection plates all around.
You can read about this specific tank and modification here

I'm back to GPM... Oh GPM - lack of instructions and drawings, odd decisions not to paint some parts and of course total ignoring of 2Pi*r formula ;)
But! On the other hand - solid design, excellent paper and printing and astonishing coloring and weathering with 3d effects! Oh GPM!

The model looks beautiful and there is a bonus with all Zimmerit details printed on special perforated paper.
In addition, some 10 years ago I've got laser cut tracks from anomera.com site that is no longer exists. His tracks were of excellent design, so I'm glad I kept those (have another ones for Tiger waiting in a stash)

wVpSd1.jpg

Also, i will be using my new tools stand :cool:

jeX0Bd.jpg

Started as usual from the hull. No flap joins here, so you need to figure out how to glue and in which order. For that matter I cut all outer shell parts and checked every time if it fits the power structure.
There is no asterisks explanation, but I remembered from older models that * is for 0.5 cardboard and ** is for 1mm cardboard. Simple as that. Definitely not Sherman case :)

YHX1Ut.jpg

And already first odd decision not to paint rear wall or to give inner shell for it. I assume there simple was no room of additional parts.

F6wLWi.jpg

Pr4hYj.jpg

Next by instructions were all outer details

UpMsvs.jpg

s2YnIR.jpg

h2wc9e.jpg

hXz7po.jpg

AKqp33.jpg

Until now everything fits perfect
Got to say I am really enjoying working with GPM paper - bends nice, paint doesn't break, easy to wipe out glue residues

Last edited:
A fine looking tool rack... oh, and the tank is okay too... (said with a hint of sarcasm)

Great hit off the bat, looking forward to more

Reactions: snake7
You are off to a great start on this project! I can see that this is going to be another very interesting build thread. I will be following it. I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

Reactions: snake7
Thank you, friends

Inner skin glued.
Dry fit showed that somehow it was not aligned with power structure in the back, though outer skin set perfectly.
So, I divided it to two parts and glued before and after firewall and it did the trick.
Front beam will be glued later.
Also, you may notice that I painted back wall of engine compartment.
This is one of those odd GPM things, that I can blame on lack of space.
For my opinion I found right color shade.
In addition to that later it will be filled with engine and covered.

pvzEvq.jpg

Ix4fkY.jpg

75sQJa.jpg

fvBy3y.jpg

xnBj2r.jpg

I'm always blown away how you can work so crisp and clear.
You are a real master in building beauty's like this.