Pdf conversion problems

RocketmanTan

Mar 21, 2010
New York, NY
rocketmantan.deviantart.com
Hey there,
Sorry for the lack of model designs recently; just finished my final exams, and I've been doing a few pony models in order to keep myself active in the brony community. Anyways, I've run into a not-so-slight problem with converting SVGs to pdf format.

I've been trying to...well, convert my current design to a pdf. However, it appears to be copying only some things in a seemingly-random pattern. I'm not sure if this is just a bug in the system (I'm fairly certain it's not; seems to be occurring with primopdf as well), or if it's because the converters can't handle irregular shapes. I'd like to get help with this ASAP, since I really want to release this model within the next 24 hours.

And below I've attached a comparison photo; the converted file is to the left, the actual .svg to the right.

yThg5.png

I've experienced similar problems too. In my case, when exporting from Corel to PDF.

After some time I found it was because I used certain gradients in some parts. That was enough to make a mess in the rest of the pages. I had to change the fills and the gradients, and after that the page was converted with all objects.

Maybe what is happening to you is a similar problem.

I've experienced similar problems too. In my case, when exporting from Corel to PDF.

After some time I found it was because I used certain gradients in some parts. That was enough to make a mess in the rest of the pages. I had to change the fills and the gradients, and after that the page was converted with all objects.

Maybe what is happening to you is a similar problem.

Yeah, I figured that it had something to do with gradients and opacities. It's gonna be a pain in the rear to redo everything though...
Ah well; beggars can't be choosers. Thanks for your help!

Alright, managed to fix the problem! Apparently, most pdf converters avoid transparencies like the plague; hence the skewed conversions. I had to manually redo the transparent parts, although some parts of the pdf were converted into .jpgs in the pdf.
Well, who'da thunk that I'd ever do a non-vector model? sign1

Alright, managed to fix the problem! Apparently, most pdf converters avoid transparencies like the plague; hence the skewed conversions. I had to manually redo the transparent parts, although some parts of the pdf were converted into .jpgs in the pdf.
Well, who'da thunk that I'd ever do a non-vector model? sign1
Even the original Acrobat has issues when dealing with transparencies and gradients :cry: