Might disappear for a couple of days

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
My oldest brother, the oldest sibling, is very close to passing. He is Spiritually founded, and I'm not worried about that. It's just that he's my oldest brother. We are separated by many years, and never got to hang out like I would have liked too. I do remember some wonder times with him, though. More and more of them these days, I was so little then.

I wholeheartedly understand. There is nothing wrong with that. Take all of the time that you need to do whatever you need (regardless if it is day, weeks, months, or even years. It does not matter how long you need). I (as well as the rest of the team) have the wall.
Both you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers always.

Thanks. I'm not sure how long I will take. Might not be gone at all, just lurk a while, that's hard for m to do though. He's been disconnected from everything, but since I haven't seen him in 20 or more years, (we've talked on the phone), I have no idea when I'll get that phone call. To be honest, I don't think I'll even go to the funeral. My niece and nephew have been told things about me that aren't true, and I haven't seen them since they were 16 and 18.

There's going to be a lot of family down there that I really don't wish to see. Sounds kind of cold, but there was no relationship. Kind've of a strange situation. My brother and I settled anything between us a while ago, there are no hard feelings.

I don't want to be at a funeral with fundamentalists type people who have warped views of God, makes them think I'm some kind of doomed person. I may be, but that's between my Creator and his creation, me. ;)

Last edited:
John, I'm sorry to hear that. In the end family and your faith is all that matters. Maybe some things will be sorted out in the future, who knows. I wish you all the best. We are taking care of the forum, no worries. Take your time. We'll be there if you need us. :)

Reactions: zathros
I will keep you and yours in my thoughts and in my prayers.

Take all the time you need John. My brother and I were never on the greatest terms, but we are all we have left for each other.

Reactions: zathros
Thank You all very much. It's about 8 months since my young sister, and youngest sibling, had a full Heart and Lung transplant. She is doing fantastic. When you start getting as old as I am, people just start dying off. It's natural. I'm O.K. with it. In any event, none of us are going to be out of this alive. It's just good to go with no baggage. I hope I can leave with what I came in with, nothing, except the love and good things in life. ;)

Sorry to hear this, ive had alot going on so not been about much recently. Im the youngest out of my lot, i have an older brother and 3 older sisters. Not a close bunch but we stay in touch every once in a while. I never really got on with my brother until i fell ill, and when we do speak its usually a giggle. Kind of get where youre coming from in that aspect. No words are the right ones apart from being in everyones thoughts through this time.

Reactions: micahrogers