Hello from Croatia

heraSK

Jul 17, 2024
hi all!

my name's Denis and I'm actually a 3D modeler working in gaming industry. I stumbled upon this site while searching for references for German WW2 Type VIIC submarine.

I've skimmed through some of the build logs in here and I'm quite amazed what you guys are able to achieve with paper.

I've done some of the paper modeling myself in the past, but the results were far from perfect. my first paper model was MT-01 from Yamaha, official paper model resource. and the second one was Enterprise from JJ Abrams movies.

Right now I'm itching to do a paper sub and X-Wing

Cheers!

Hello Denis,

Please let me be the first one to welcome you to Zealot! You have come to the right place for all things model building as a whole, and to build and hone your skills. The members here are very helpful. There are many members that are designers as well. I am certain that they will be more than happy to help you and answer any questions that you may have.

If you have any photos of your old models, by all means, please post photos of your work. You can post photos directly from your computer to the thread without the need of a photo hosting site.

When you start a new project, I would like to invite you to post a build thread. Build threads are a great way of show off your work and skills. Not only that, but if you run into an issue with a model you can highlight the area that you are having problems with and we can offer you some suggestions on how to deal with them.

So, if you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice. Please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here and feel at home. I look forward to seeing your work.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Great to see a 3D modeler join the forum. Which programs do you use? I'm a SketchUp guy and design mainly scifi-themed models (BSG & Buck Rogers).

Have fun and enjoy! :)

Greetings from Germany! :)

Reactions: micahrogers
Blenderhead here. doing level design in game development studio, but in my free time I like to model various hard surface stuff. currently texturing Type VIIc which may or may not look better than actual paper model I've seen. like I said, you guys are doing magic here.

oh, while we're on the subject of paper ships... I did a 3D model of a 18th century sail ship HMS Pegasus a few years back, and while participating on Modelshipworld forum there was a woman, Doris was her name IIRC, doing absolutely insane paper model of Royal Caroline sail ship. that thing was more detailed than most of wooden scale replicas! I don't know if she's known around here, but her work was on a next level....