Castles

mikezax

Jan 3, 2010
Slovakia
zax.sk
...here I will make a place where I will sometimes add a small castle, the first one is:

Standl Castle (Frydek-Mistek, Czech Republic)

Scale : 1:200
Author : Simona Čechalová, Zdeněk Čechal
Source : Z-Art

According to archaeological findings, the place where the castle was located was already inhabited in prehistoric times, in different periods from the Late Stone Age to the Iron Age. The medieval castle was built around the middle of the 13th century. and it was apparently used primarily by the military garrison, which ensured the colonization of the surroundings and guarded the road passing under it. The life of the castle was very short and already at the end of the 13th century. it was abandoned. Its successor could be the nearby castle of Frýdberk (Lipina). At the moment, not too significant relief remains remain after the castle on the hill above Frýdek-Místek.

50325.jpg

My model:

This model is an attempt at the historical reconstruction of the medieval form of the fortified castle. I wanted to build a castle a long time ago, but I don't have much space for these big buildings, so this small castle is perfect for me... It's my first castle, albeit a wooden one, but it has to start somehow. I didn't modify the model much, I just cut out all the windows and used a variant of the pass-through gates. Due to the scale, I used saw dust as I didn't have that tiny static grass, I added bushes, rocks and trees. I also used figures, I placed a military garrison on the castle, in front of the gate 2 figures are pushing a cart with wood to the castle and there is also one female figure. A few photos:

DSCN0789u.jpgDSCN0818u.jpgDSCN0819u.jpgDSCN0824u.jpgDSCN0825u.jpgDSCN0830u.jpgDSCN0832u.jpgDSCN0837u.jpg

I would also like to add that I have been preparing for the first castle for a long time, but I got started when Betexa.cz announced a contest for models (every month a different theme) and this month it was the castles. Since I didn't have any pasted and I would like to at least participate formally, I pasted this small castle... I don't expect that I would score any points next to the huge stone castles, but I hope I won't be the last.;)
I am attaching a photo of all 32 registered castles, so those who want to see better photos or vote for 1-3 castles can do so here:

2-Betexa - Hrady prehlad.jpg

I am glad that you were able to submit your castle for the contest. I have put my vote in for your castle. I hope that you win. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!