Best thing to strengthen

seraphim

Sep 1, 2023
Howdydo all
So im attempting to get back into this monster project and it might be a bit of a late question in the game, but what dyou guys fins best to strengthen joints/seams/surfaces on your builds? Although alot of builds have their own internal 'skeleton' frames, there are ofc those that dont - and looking at certain joints - especially where a larger part joins to a smaller part (that may well be weight bearing) i was wondering the best method to add strength either through or to the surface of (these) parts so that the build doesnt want to collapse under its own weight. Generally ill be laminating/layering certain parts but then what about parts that have a much smaller/finer area? (ie narrow/thin/long/fine detail) Alot of kits tend to have a large part joining a smaller/finer part (a hand to a thin arm/leg/hip joint/ engine nacelle to strut etc) and this always has me scratching my head lol
Any ideas are awesome :toast:

I use CA glue (super glue). but I have to use a respirator because of the fumes. So use in a WELL ventilated area.
Or you could (after the model is built) spray it with clear (gloss or matt) lacquer. this works well when you apply several coats.

I know there are other ways... but I don't know them.... sorry

oh... also the CA glue "plasticizes" the paper as it soaks in.

For the big parts like cilinder or box shapes I use internal formers. For small boxes I use corner tabs. I also use multi layering for panels. CA glue I use for consructions.

Reactions: micahrogers