mikezax

Jan 3, 2010
Slovakia
zax.sk
Aerosan NKL-26

Scale : 1:25
Author : František Novotný, Dalibor Knotek
Source : PK Graphica

I will add this winter model to cool it down a bit. I have several Aerosans, now I finally put together the first of them. This is an older model from PK Graghica, which was first published in 1997. A few words about the originals:

The NKL-26 was an armoured aerosan introduced by the Soviet Union during the Second World War, based on the earlier NKL-6 (OSGA-6). It was made of plywood and had a ten-millimetre armour plate on the front only, and was armed with a 7.62mm DT machine gun in a ring mount. It was powered by an M-11G aircraft engine. Each NKL-26 was operated by two crewmen. Combat Aerosans often worked with ski infantry battalions, and could carry four ski troops riding outside the vehicle on its skis or towed behind.

Aerosane NKL-26.jpg

A few words about the model:

As is my custom, I also modified this model a little, which includes the following modifications:

-interior modified dashboard-glazed alarm clocks (this is not very visible)
-other modifications are already in the exterior. Mainly the engine is modified, where I indicated the finning of the cylinders. completed the inside of the headlight including the bulb, rebuilt the suspension, where instead of the drawn spring I wound a wire, which made a pretty nice spring. I made minor adjustments to the skis, the machine gun, I added rivets and bullet holes... The model is already printed with a small patina, in the finale I added more rust and finally snow... I placed the model on a snowy mat. A few photos:

DSCN0645.JPGDSCN0647.JPGDSCN0651.JPGDSCN0653.JPGDSCN0655.JPGDSCN0656.JPGDSCN0659.JPGDSCN0661.JPG

The Aerosans were an incredible invention by the Soviets. They would go out on reconnaissance, find the tanks, and the German tanks could do nothing about it, as the Aerosans would take off, cruising at 50 mph, and out of range, they could take the long way back, and still arrive with fresh intelligence reports. They were heated inside by hear scavenged from the exhaust system. That must have been a blessing, considering how cold it was in Russia.

Great build, great subject. ;)