1:16 Space Shuttle Flight Deck

Tonino

Apr 15, 2004
Republic of San Marino
www.facebook.com
Tonino submitted a new resource:

1:16 Space Shuttle Flight Deck - STS-134 Endeavour Cockpit (part 1 - interior)

Here it is at last. Many of you asked me to publish my shuttle flight deck. I wanted, before uploading it, to finish the model with all the exterior components to complete the upper-front section of the shuttle but, as this seems to be a very long term project, I decided to publish a partial work with all the internal components so this model could be a valid add-on to any existing shuttle model (with the necessary scale adjustements).

I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to my Zealot friends...

Read more about this resource...

Tonino I can say only one thing WOW :surprise: this looks incredible and thank you for sharing this with us.
This is a master piece.

Reactions: Tonino
Looks a truly epic download, I love the tiny crossbow you included, that looks fun in itself.

Now, how about a the rest of the Shuttle please - or can you recommend a decent Shuttle kit?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained! ;)

Maybe if you make the cockpit a bit smaller and the body a bit bigger?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained! ;)

Maybe if you make the cockpit a bit smaller and the body a bit bigger?
Yes, I'm afraid that the texture, if upscaled too much, could result in too low resolution. Perhaps the optimum is in the half way between the two...
Yes @Revell-Fan a happy compromise could be found, some of the parts look really good scaled up, but as @Tonino remarked the texture, especially the tiles get lost, scaling down the the fabulously large cockpit would be a travesty

Hmm... IIRC the original Fortezza shuttles come with vectorized textures, so if you aim for clean lines they should work better. However, at 1/16 scale this would become huge! :)

Hmm... IIRC the original Fortezza shuttles come with vectorized textures, so if you aim for clean lines they should work better. However, at 1/16 scale this would become huge! :)
Regarding this matter I have to tell you about an unpleasant experience I had with Mr. Fortezza and his shuttles...
When he first published his models on the web there was a notice on his site about the existence of two versions of the pdf's, one in low resolution (the one still available) and one in higher resolution reserved to the "supporters team". To be admitted in that privileged club the only way was to send some money to the author (he didn't asked a specific amount, only a donation to cover the many hours of work spent to realize the models), once entered in the elite you would have received a link to the HD version of all the files. One of them was freely accessible to evaluate the difference with the standard ones.

Screenshot 2024-09-10 124801.jpgScreenshot 2024-09-10 124858.jpg

As you can see there is a great difference between the two...

I opted to give my contribution to have the HR shuttle (this happened years before my flight deck idea was started) and sent, I don't remember exactly, 5 or 10 euros to him. I waited for this special link but it never arrived to me. I wrote several e-mails to Mr. Fortezza asking for my privileged access but had no answer. I don't know if such files was never shared somewhere and if someone was able to retrieve them but this ended my appreciation for his work. And, I think, that was the moment I decided that I would have never asked money for my models...

Regarding this matter I have to tell you about an unpleasant experience I had with Mr. Fortezza and his shuttles...
When he first published his models on the web there was a notice on his site about the existence of two versions of the pdf's, one in low resolution (the one still available) and one in higher resolution reserved to the "supporters team". To be admitted in that privileged club the only way was to send some money to the author (he didn't asked a specific amount, only a donation to cover the many hours of work spent to realize the models), once entered in the elite you would have received a link to the HD version of all the files. One of them was freely accessible to evaluate the difference with the standard ones.

View attachment 220176View attachment 220177

As you can see there is a great difference between the two...

I opted to give my contribution to have the HR shuttle (this happened years before my flight deck idea was started) and sent, I don't remember exactly, 5 or 10 euros to him. I waited for this special link but it never arrived to me. I wrote several e-mails to Mr. Fortezza asking for my privileged access but had no answer. I don't know if such files was never shared somewhere and if someone was able to retrieve them but this ended my appreciation for his work. And, I think, that was the moment I decided that I would have never asked money for my models...
An very interesting comparison and in the end a very poor outcome to say the least - if I ever asked for any money for anything I couldn't provide, then I'd graciously return any monies given.
I shall give this Mr Fortezza a miss and await another outcome
@Tonino - I for one are humbled by your generous gift to the community