ZTC - Anyone else using it?

oshta

OK i have a 8'*5' N-gauge layout and im running two Grayahm Farish Locos both fitted with ZTC 214 decoders

- is any else using the ZTC system??

Pooh Bah
Hi oshta.
I'll be interested in hearing about ZTC. I've read about it in the magazines, but I've never seen any. I haven't heard any mention that they make a version compatible with North American power (120V, 60 hz). The controllers look as if they'd be fun to operate.

oshta

yeah its great as for a version compatible with North American power - all the control units need is a 12-18v 5A AC supply (they can also run on DC between 12-25v - depending on what gauge your running)

so that shouldn't be an issue!!

I thought about going for ZTC, but the fact that the computer interface doesn't actually work put me off. I know the port is there, but for a couple of years now ZTC has been promising it a future enhancement, but nothing yet. Think I may opt for a Digitrax system but with Lenz Decoders. The warranty on the Lenz decoders seems to be far more friendly to DCC newbies :)

Simon

Tileguy

In reading posts regarding Lenz vs digitrax decoders on many differant forums etc i agree the goof proof warranty given by Lenz is appealing.However,Most who have used many differant types of decoders seem to believe the Performance of your locomotives is better with a Digitrax decoder.
Just food for thought based on much reading.If performance is critical,perhaps you may want to investigate this yourself.

Thanks Tileguy, I'll look into the performance issue. I have to add though the Lenz deal is even better to us Europeans as sending decoders back is much cheaper. Shipping a decoder back to the States would make it very expensive, on top of the $17 you have to pay. I hear that fee is refunded but even so.

Simon

fifer

DCC

I have dropped DCC all together but have run DCC in three scales and used MRC , Digitrax , and Lenz . I owned 2 digitrax systems and still found the Lenz to be a better value and more user friendly. I also found the Lenz decoder performance more consistant than digitrax and usually easier to buy (not out of stock of manufacturer discontinued).
I burned up 1 lenz decoder during installation and sent it back and had a new one in less than 7 days.
Another thing to consider is the Lenz 10 year update , Digitrax changes the decoders and functions and versions like underwear and you can't keep up (i.e. transponding , bmf , and so on). Look how many throttle designs they have gone through!
Anyway I'll get down from my soapbox and back to my DC operation.
My $.02
Mike

:curse: :cry: :thumb: