Zip Dry Paper Glue

Discussion in 'Tools of the Trade' started by davelant, Sep 9, 2006.

1. davelant

davelant Member

I was at a Michael's Craft Store, trying to find a North American equivalent for Uhu Alleskleber. (I have never tried Alleskleber, but the little treatise that Thomas Pleiner included with his nuclear power plant model made me want to try it.) I know there is an Uhu paper craft glue sold over here, but I couldn't find it. I did find "Zip Dry" paper glue, made by Beacon adhesives. It is a solvent-based glue that is colorless, a little murky but almost clear, and about as viscous as corn syrup. It comes with a fine-tip applicator, and a separate flat cap to prevent long-term evaporation. It dries into a clear, elastic film. It's behavior matches what I have read about Alleskleber and Alleskleber Extra. About 5 dollars for 2 fluid ounces (59 milliliters). As advertised, it bonds paper without wrinkling. I've been using PVA white glues in cardmodels for a long time, but I will give this a try, especially where I suspect wrinkling will be a problem.
  2. missymouse

missymouse Member

DUDE!! i just got some zip dry today and was about to write a review on it! well any way it does work, dries fast and is pretty strong. its a solvent base and i highly recomend proper ventillation when useing otherwise you'll be getting a sweet buzz ;)
  3. rickstef

rickstef Guest

yeah i agree, i would term this the paper glue version of CA.

4. Have you guys tried Aileen's "Quick-Dry Tacky Glue?" It comes in a silver bottle. Works just like regular Tacky Glue except that when you stick two pieces of paper together they're stuck. No clamps, no waiting, no nothing. It's too fast for some situations but otherwise it seems to work well.

Cheers --- Larry
  5. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Yes I agree with Larry. Aleene's is great for quick adhesion. It's quite cheap as well.