Zephyr Programming Bachmann

John P

Sep 29, 2006
I've just been playing with my new Layout, I'm running a new Zephyr DCC start set with approx 80ft of track covering a 10'x8' area. I'm running an Athearn sd40 Digitrax DCC, A bachmann gp38 DCC onboard, and a sw7 Cow dc, all running beautifully at the same time. My question is about the bachmann-I just picked it up and I was trying to change its factory "03" address to the loco's own number-my zephyr keeps giving me a "d nd" error but there is no problem programming my sd40 Digitrax address. Is it possible to change the bachmann dcc decoder address on my Zephyr unit?

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
I don't see why not, but you may need to check what the Bachmann instructions say about reprogramming that decoder...

One other problem that I have heard about (right here on The Gauge in fact) is that the Zephyr does have some programming track power issues - the example relates to programming a Broadway Limited sound equipped loco. There apparently is a booster required to get the signal through. I believe it was Tony's that fixed the problem.

Have you tried programming on both a dedicated track and on the main?

Andrew