Zellers`s first Monday of the Month

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by interurban, Mar 3, 2004.

1. interurban

interurban Active Member

Found me buying "stuff" for my Wife and when I was at the till the pretty young girl said "may I ask if you are 55??"
    Not thinking I said "well 56 now" so she gave me 10%discount ,, it was seniors day :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :( :( :(
    I`m a Senior
    and $9 better off:thumb:
  2. storm

storm Member

lol chris i have 33 years till that will happen to me LOL
  3. Zug

Zug Member

I wonder if i could get the discount? I just feel real old somedays:(
  4. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

You're not REALLY a senior until theyjust automatically ring up the discount without anyone asking:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  5. Hey, you and me both! I'm just a few years away from the discount, but my wife signed us both up for AARP membership to help me get used to the idea. Being middle-aged is a real pain. I take pills that help with one thing, but knock me out and make me tired as a side effect. Now I have to go to the doctor every 3 weeks for a shot in the rear to help give me more energy! :rolleyes: I'm into it, though. I have a line of designer clothes called 'Old Phart'...baggy pants, cardigan sweaters with fashionable holes in the elbows, the kind of stuff that you need to be a real, honest-to-goodness geezer! I'm always practicing my napping technique and my grouchiness and already smoke cigars. Hey, does Walthers give a senior discount? Maybe I can get something going with my LHS? :D

Russ :sleeping:
  6. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

No worries, mate you're still young at heart , and that's all that matters. Now, if only you can convince that pretty young thang that! :D :D :D
  7. This is one of my 'Old Phart' ensambles being modeled for you by yours truly. Note how the hat completely coordinates with the jacket, T-shirt, and white socks. Serious sidewalk supervising requires serious clothing...available in all sizes including 'A' (it stands for our special awning fit)!

Russ :D

Attached Files:

8. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Remember: You are NOT middle-aged; it's your FATHER who is middle-aged.
    I am still slightly embarassed when my wife asks for a senior's discount.

And here I was expecting pictures of a mob scene on your layout!
  9. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

It just doesn't look quite right... I know... the waistband of his pants are no where near his armpits! And you call this fashionable?!? ;) :D

10. shamus

shamus Registered Member

They take one look at me and don't even ask:D

11. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Gee, I'm a senior too. Thanks a lot for reminding me!!!!!!

While you guys work on your geezer-wear, I guess I better get busy with my "old bat" wardrobe. Let's see, I'm going to need some baggy knee-high stockings, frumpy dresses, and a bundle-buggy. Has anyone seen my hair-net??????? I'm sure I left it right here. What? Speak up I can't hear you. What? I'm wearing it?

:D Val
  12. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

I became a senior 17 years ago and the day I became a senior I asked for my discount. I'm not shy. A penny saved is a penny earned.
  13. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Don't forget the plastic rain hat to keep the "blue rinse" dry in the wet weather... ;) :D

14. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

Where did you find black and white film? FRED
  15. Whatch mean, where did I find it? In my Kodak Instamatic camera, Sonnyboy! Sheeeeesh!! :rolleyes:

Russ :wave: :sleeping:
  16. Mike R

Mike R Member

What are the odds there will even BE a Zellers in 10 years time, let alone in 33 years ?:eek: :eek: