1. Ladies & gentlemen, I would like to announce that there is a new photo gallery section. You can create your own personal photo gallery (to include setting up your own albums). You can even post videos. You can also post and share photos in the galleries of others (if that person allows such), as well . ENJOY!!!

Z Scale Garden Railroad?!!

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by Meiriongwril, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Meiriongwril

Meiriongwril Member

I was thinking :)rolleyes: ) that in a G Scale Railway, some of the G Scale inhabitants might want to have their own Garden Railway. In which case, a Z scale layout would work as a fairly large garden railway for one's G Scale people.
    Has anyone ever done this, or thought about it?
    :wave:
  2. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Over the years there have been HO ones....they've even offered track for that purpose in the past. Could you imagine what a wayward projectile from an errant bluejay would do to a way freight?:rolleyes: Be like dropping a trash can full of wet plaster on a G scale rigjawdrop 'Course the size would make it easier to miss...:thumb:
  3. Austinio

Austinio New Member

I think a Z garden railroad would be cool, but if you do the math a Z scale garden railway to a G scale person would be roughly 1:10 scale to us, if my math is correct, therefore being twice as large as our average garden railways in the real world. It is still a cool idea though, but I do not know how well it would do in the outdoor weather. I mean, such small stuff.
  4. Collyn

Collyn Member

I have seen a z garden railway in a window planter box