Yuki Yuji Kirov Russian nuclear powered cruiser

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Jim Krauzlis, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Yuki Yuji just updated his download page and added the long awaited 1/700 model of the Kirov Russian nuclear powered cruiser. :D
    He also added a link to the historic Chinese manned space craft Shen Shou 5 in 1/72 scale.
    He still has his other ship model offerings available as well.
    Here is the link to his download page:
  2. barry

barry Active Member

1/700 models

Hi Jim

Thanks for the link I have downloaded the other two modern ships have not got round to buliding them yet.

Your Liberty ship is coming on a treat.

3. Jim Krauzlis

Thanks, Barry. I appreciate the kind words!
    Getting a bit more done today. I found I needed to do a bit of work on the ventilation funnels. The kit funnels just don't look right. :?
    Hopefully I will be able to post a few more updates tonight.
    Still have a few railings to make and install, then on to the cargo rigging!

I love Yuki Yuji's models too! :D
    They are in the nice small scale I love to work in (1/700), and provide subjects that aren't available anywhere else, at least not now. I have been anxiously awaiting his Kirov for a while now. He also had a computer crash and lost most of the finished files, so I imagine he had to re-create the files of the finished model.
    I saw his webpage where he uploads photos (lost the link! :( ) showed he also has a Spruance class destroyer, Nimitz class aircraft carrier as well as a few other gems, like a Russian Moskva class helicopter carrier! Can't wait to see when they show up too!
    I haven't built them yet, but they are on the shipways to be built, hopefully when I finish the Mexico Victory and my small Constitution.
  4. JRSeese

JRSeese Member

small scale allright - I think I could replace some of the parts with single strands of human hair

Allright, maybe that's an exaggeration

Thanks for the heads up, they look to be awesome kits

5. fructose

fructose Member

Cool, now if someone can just find me the rocket for the chinese manned missions...
  6. barry

barry Active Member

Mexico Victory

Hi Jim

looked at your photo last night looking good but you forgot to add the captain and crew to your wish list, you are getting as bad as Gil. Take heart there's a guy on the polish site who solders up his own anchor chains (just a thought)

7. Jim Krauzlis

Hi, Barry!
    Oh, didn't you see the Captain and the 2nd Mate in the wheelhouse, keeping an eye on the construction? And the Chief Mate yelling at the rigging crew for taking to long in getting his beloved cargo gear in place. :lol:
    You know, soldering your metal works is not uncommon in wooden ship building. There are purists out there that make all their fittings, but I have a life outside of modeling so I can't take all that time and still finish my projects in my lifetime. :D
    As it is, I just made the anchor line with thread...I sort of practice a bit of slight of hand sometimes in small scale modeling, using my eye to guage whether the trick is working or not. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. :?
  8. yukiyuji

yukiyuji Member

9. rkelterer

rkelterer Member

hi yukiyuji,

I cannot take my eyes off of it :shock: it's like a dream comming true, your collection is EXTRA SUPER !!!

cheers from austria
  10. Jim Krauzlis

Thanks Yuki Yuji!!
    Yes, I lost that link when I lost data in my computer crash.
    I missed your photos. :D
    Have you decided on the next ship to be released? As I recall, you have quite a collection (and as your photos show, all with great detail, particularly at the 1/700 scale!), and was wondering if you had decided on any particular order.
    Thanks again for the link to your photos. As soon as I finish this Mexico Victory I am working on I want to build the FFG O.H. Perry, then try your other ships. I particularly like the Ting Yuen of 1885 and would like to build her too.
    Best regards,
  11. yukiyuji

yukiyuji Member

in taiwan ,studiens have more exam ...
    so i can not released my ship very fast....and forgot to write the scale in the kirov file,but i think everyone already know my ship's scale.
    i think i must study english again...
    i haven't use english more time.....AR....,i am a chinses,englist is not too easy for me...
  12. Jim Krauzlis

Yuki Yuji,
    Your English is 100 times better than my Chinese! :lol:
    I'm afraid what little I learned from a trip five years ago is now forgotten. It is difficult for me to retain such skills if not practiced often.
    Good luck during your exams!!
  13. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Yukiyuji, what excellent models! But I am worried, you put your beautiful models on a PAPER shelf!!!

I love the Slava; will you release this model as a kit? But please, concentrate on your studies now. We can all wait for your next model!

Best wishes,
  14. yukiyuji

yukiyuji Member

the download vision of slava is been drawing,but the work is stoped now course the exams....more than one mourth,after today,the difficultest exams will be over,i think i will put the model on my site as fast as i can,but i must say,i am study too hard...
  15. Huey

Huey Member

yukiyuji, first of all, thank you for sharing your skills and talents by sharing your work of art ships. second, good luck on your exam. third, is the cvn-75 also your original work? will you be also releasing this model along with the submarine and other ships in your fleet? i hope so as there's nothing much for me to do here in afghanistan after work. congratulation again on your excellent "paper" navy fleet. :D
  16. Jim Krauzlis

Hey, Huey,
    The submarine is already out, but not through Yuki Yuji's page.
    I have it from one of the groups Yuki Yuji belongs to, and can send it to you if you give me your email address.
    Take care, Huey!
  17. barry

barry Active Member

can I have one too please Jim

18. barry

barry Active Member

Oliver Hazard

I was trapped in a minute space by the carpet fitters but just enough to try Yuki's Oliver Hazard.

I doubled up the deck and waterline plates, glued the hull sides into a triangle and pushed the waterline plate down into it, glued the decks one side at a time needed to do a little sanding to get a good fit at the bow.

When you do the bridge notice there is a distinct tilt backwards of the bridge windows. I think the funnel sides circumfrerence is a bit long but it was easily correctable the bridge house sides are a trifle short.

Who cares it probably might well be me again and it's a delightful model.

Well done Yuki
    thank you for sharing it with us, good luck in your exams.

19. Jim Krauzlis

Thanks, Barry:
    Nice start!
    I hope to build her myself in a fews weeks after the current work load eases up a bit...as well as finish my Mexico Vic.
    When you say you doubled up the deck and water line plate, do you mean you glued two of each together? I was planning on gluing both to some cardboard to make it stiffer, but some of the finer details will probably be printed out on lighter bond because the assembly seems to envision a regular paper thickness for rolling into the part, such as the radomes.
    I am not sure what you meant about the funnel sides and would appreciate your clarifying the problem you encountered.
    Looking forward to more photos when you get the chance.
    BTW, nice photo!
  20. barry

barry Active Member

Hi Jim

The truncated cone which makes up the funnel when rolled and butt jointed is too large a diameter for the funnel cap to cover so I just chopped the length down a bit until it looked right (sorry as Maurice would say I am geometrically challenged) I think if I did the hull again I would stiffen the waterline plate with 1 mm card but the deck I just doubled some reasonably stiff card (I have a box which has allsorts of thicknesses in it and I sort through to find something near) . As this is only 1 sheet of paper I will reprint it on 80 gsm for the rolled tubes etc.

As to the forecastle trimming I think it comes down to the thickness of the outline.

One other thing I found that if you glue the transom only first i's easier to line everthing else up to get a good flush deck style.

Hope that is clearer than before.

I would love a copy of one of the carriers with or without instructions.