YouTube Video- New Layout

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Cannonball, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

This one even has sound! :D

I ran my Lionel 8300 on the official first run of the new track layout. (Because it was my first engine, it gets cerimonial privileges.) I finally got the video uploaded from my new vid cam to YouTube this morning.

COMBAT Member

Nice vid. :)

I have noticed this at the shows too so I guess I should ask. Why are these trains ran so fast? I just cant imagine running my HO stuff this fast. Is there a reason for it?

3. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

old lionel and marx 0 scale trains have 3 speeds, fast, faster , and derail!

some of the new stuff can be set to just creap alone tho. MTH is real good at slow speeds,

4. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

5. wickman

wickman Member

Cool video ,if I ever figure out how to get my train into the movie part of my digi camera and then onto the you-tube site I'll do the same :oops:
    Does the engine make any funney noices going down the grades? I had a mean grade on my last layout and the engines use to screem going downward :wave:
  6. Geno

Geno Member

LOOKING GOOD!! Can you run two trains on it? Now all you need to add is that small 16' extension into the living room. :D

7. Cannonball

No, sadly it only does one train.
    I'm going to compensate by building more layouts as I find time and space.
    I've already started getting the stuff together for my Christmas layout. :D
    I really want to find some battery powered O gauge stuff to run outside on my old track.
  8. Cannonball

Lionels run fast.
    Slow doesn't exist.

My beeps run a lot slower on here.
  9. Cannonball

No funny noises that I've noticed so far.
  10. Marxed

Marxed Member

awesome layout!
  11. Cannonball

And here's one for you and the rest of the Marx fans. ;)

Lesson learned from this one.... It's really hard to run the throttle and operate a camcorder at the same time. :D
  12. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

As always cannonball,GREAT VIDS even though i model in HO,seeing O stuff makes me want to go back!--josh
  13. Marxed

Marxed Member

sweeeet! i was waiting for that video :thumb:
  14. trainman4

trainman4 Member

Nice job but the whistle needs a tune up.sign1 sign1 sign1 sign1 sign1
  15. rexscates

rexscates New Member

can you please add the video to the model railroad group on Youtube?

click on the above link to see about 60 youtube videos i have gatherd. I will be creatign much much more as people that buy wireless video cameras from me send me their videos to be editted. But i want many many more videos up there. I want to show the world what model railroading really is. I read that many of you say this is the golden age of model railroading. then we should be geting more and more people in the hobby and not less.

lets have everyone like this guy here get their videos online. and if you dont have a small wireless camera, just use a regular video camera for now. heck your cell phones have video capability :)

16. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

If I give you permission to use one of my videos do I get a share of the profits on the wireless video cameras you sell?
  17. rexscates

rexscates New Member

the Youtube site does no advertising

and my father in law throughs all the profits into desinging new parts for O scale trains. He is one of the few people designing new trackwork for O Scale in the USA. He just had a laser cut building blue prints digitized for a ATSF interlocking tower, he has more detailed signals than have ever been made, will have a drop in semiphore that will move correctly, has released about 50 patterns that were sitting not being used but have more detail than any ones elses castings.

basically, he wants people to do more than just work on the trains. He run the clinics for O Scale West and is running a Pacific convention in Frenso in 2008. Now that he is retired his passion for promoting quality train work has blossomed. I want people to see what every one has. The profit from cameras will be used to designed and build new products. I am voluntering my time (no money) to edit video for people if you want. I will add intro credits, closign credits, and work out glitches for free. If you allow me to up load videos to video sites.

thanks for asking. Also if you look at the prices we are not making much profit, especialy with how much time I am spending. :)
    How will peoples who own hobby shops and such profits increase if more peopel get into the hobby? yes they will. if more people get into the hobby you will see mroe inovation. Imagine if you can modify the DCC so people onlien can control your train? would that be cool. Well the technology is here, their just has to be the demand to get people to work on the kinks. Currently most inovation is done overseas. If the hobby grows again (not jsut with starter sets) then the variety of new differnt types of products will increase. This is the 21st century and with increased invovation we can show that with trains. I spent 14 hours talking about this topic at a convention in Chicago, and I am starting to get people to see the light.

18. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Thanks for the answer.